Alone in the Dark

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, Jun 22, 2012.

1. I know this is an old game, but I just started playing it. I noticed MS had it in the game on demand sale for $5 which is how much it costs used, and since my disc drive sucks I went with the digital version.

I know it got a lot of terrible reviews and I can see why. It's a horror survival game that brings you back to what they were like on the PS1, only with some perks you'd expect since it's on newer systems. I think a big reason people down the game is the controls, because it has a tank movement similar to early RE games and such. They're as frustrating as they've always been but they definitely add to the tension just like it did in older survival games.

It's actually not a terrible game at all.. odd but interesting story line and since most enemies can only be killed by fire you have to be aware of your surroundings to survive battles in a lot of cases.

I probably wouldn't suggest it to "normal" gamers but if you loved the survival horrors on systems like the PS1 and want a similar experience this game may be for you. Ignore the negative reviews because I don't think many reviewers appreciate tank controls...

But yea, it's old but it's well for the 400msp it's currently selling for on Xbl. Anybody else played it and enjoy it, or where you one of the many to hate it?

2. Ps1? I'm talking about the one that's one the 360 and Ps3. Though I should've specified better. I think it's actually like number 5 or so?

I may check the older ones out. I love the classic survival horror feel but it sucks hardly any new gen games still use it.

I'm almost done with the game though. Like one and a half chapters left. The story has went from interesting to mediocre and the difficulty has lessened. Still well worth $5 though. I hear it has multiple endings so I guess I'll replay the final chapter a few times and then probably put it away for good