Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alone in Alabama

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by grecophile, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hi, folks. I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me here. I am 37 yo and have AIDS. I have been living with the disease since 1990. (Infected at 18.) In 1996 I moved from the Southeastern US to San Francisco and lived there for 8 years before I was laid off and subsequently became very ill in 2001. I had to move back home with my parents in Alabama. I am on disablity but my health has been improving over the past couple of years. I hope to one day reenter the workforce. I use medicinal marijuana twice daily when I take my HIV meds. Unfortunately, I know noone here and have to drive 3 hours one way and deal with very shady people I don't know in order to get very poor quality medicine. :( My doctor in Cali authorized me for cannabis use but I fear the doctors in Alabama have prejudicial attitudes about MM. Remember, this is the South where morality rules in the Bible Belt. I need help. I really want to connect with other people in my situation. Can anyone help me with some ideas on how to obtain my medicine safely? Are there any organizations in my area that support people like me? I have tried to search the internet on cannabis clubs in Alabama but have found nothing.

Thanks.

2. Cannabis is a mandatory minimum sentence in Alabama, there is no medical marijuana program. I'm fully unaware of any clubs, underground networks or otherwise to supply with medications.

I know you probably didn't want to hear this, but you may need to just find a regular connection (which was even a challenge for a then 21 year old male who had just moved to the crimson state).

Growing is another option, but you would be putting your parent's property and possesions at risk of seizure by the government so I can't advise you would do that in your situation.

i don't know what else to tell you man, thats all i know

sorry brotha, keep your head up and keep looking.. people do smoke a lot of weed down there, we just can't do it in the open a lot

3. i say just grow your own, but since it's your parents house maybe not.

do they know about your situation? because if they accept it growing is the way to go.

4. My friend, my condolences for all your heartaches. This is an area where "religious compassion" seems to be blind.
    Try this: Find alternative news stands. Sometimes (especially urban) areas will have newspapers and publications that are outside the mainstream. Trust me, there are many like-minded people in your area who are forced to remain underground. Self-preservation, you know. Look for groups locally that are "leaning" toward liberal progression. Meet the folks and talk to them.
    Check any NORML affiliates in the area. Read their web pages and get more involved. Try MPP as well. I'll bet there are activists somewhere close by.
    Growing is not a good option for you under your circumstances.

Never give up. This plant was intended to be medicine. Don't give in to the lies. Keep trying.

Good fortune, my friend....:wave:

5. because of my ailments i am forced to live at home, making growing a non-option. i so wish i could in my so called 'free' conutry grow my own medicines...the God given mj and and the wonderful opium poppy and live pharm and as pain free as possible. i live in ne fl so i am right next door and have no connects and no real friends. luckily you are able to get disability but i have had no luck w; that so far.

take care and things change for all of us suffering. im 35 but feel like im 80

6. this probably isn't an option, but since your parents obviously love you how willing
    would they be to moving from AL to CA or one of the other MMJ states?

GL man! ..I really feel for you :(

7. see if its possible for a tiny closet grow, one plant can get an oz.
    also nothin to do with weed, but sinceu said you have AIDS, have you looked into coconut oil as a treatment, may sound crazy man but it's proven to work. look into it.