Aloe Vera

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Josh916, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Been reading threads regarding the many uses of Aloe Vera and there just isn’t a whole lot. What are you guys opinion on it?

I have personally started foliar feeding with it every 2-3 days in veg about 15 minutes after lights out using 200x powder from buildasoil and gotta day it might be the most beneficial thing I’ve used in my grows. I would think it would much more popular with how night a day these plants react to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 3A188681-6220-41A4-BDB5-79829F6B162D.jpeg It’s my second favorite plant. I use it for cloning, foliar feeding, soil drenched and it’s easy to grow.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. Dang that's a biggens! Do you just take a chunk off the largest leafthing?(name)?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Probably one of the most important amendment you could use for growing. I add it to every watering and foliar spray.

The great aloe book
    Aloe Vera

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I take a whole leaf wash it, blender it and mix with water, I have several aloes in rotation so I don’t harvest the same plant too much.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. @Sc00byD00bie Sc00bs, do you know how I may still incorporate aloe into my grow if I plan on using Blumats?

7. You can still add liquid inputs while using blumats, so just water it in like normal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. How often do you foliar spray with it? Been doing every 3 days with zero negatives effects. Almost seems like it’s impossible to overdue it..

9. I add it to my weekly neem foliar.

10. What do you use as an emulsifier? I heard silica is a good one to mix with neem

11. I foliar spray seedling and veg plants with aloe water every time I walk by (just from the top, not under the leaves), ie multiple times a day. I have also had no issues with aloe water 'going bad' over a few days. That means I can mix up a quart and just use it till its gone.
    cheers
    os

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You haven’t seen any negative effects from foliar feeding aloe several times a day?

buildasoil recommends only mixing up what you’re gonna use. But it’s 1/8 tsp per gallon so it’s unrealistic to measure out just a spray bottle full.

• Like Like x 1
  13. When using flakes from build a soil (the 200x stuff), I use it real strong at 1/4 tsp a quart. The only issue that I could imagine happening is if you have real high humidity, and constantly spraying plants would make it worse. I always think from the point of view of having RH lower than desired, so constant praying is a win on two fronts.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  14. That’s way stronger than what they suggest. Now I’m even more curious. I read somewhere that anything over 1/8tsp per gallon just comes down to it being a waste.

I’m just trying to figure out if frequent foliar feedings will cause the plant to uptake too much nutrients?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah I use silica at 1tsp + 1Tbs neem oil per gallon of spray.

• Like Like x 1
  16. What Silica product are you using?

17. How often do you use it as a foliar? Have you ever seen anything negative from using aloe?

18. I have been doing 1/4 tsp per quart for foliar for years with no down side, you can use how ever much you like, but that is what works for me. I am not sure how foliar feeding aloe water could make a plant take up too many nutrients. The key is to not spray the bottom side of the leaves which will interfere with transpiration.
    good luck
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  19. The stomata is what takes in the nutrients from foliar feeding, right? And those are on the bottom?

• Like Like x 1
  20. The stomata are the breathing holes, and they are on the bottom side of the leaves. The plant is able to absorb nutrients directly thru the cell walls, especially in the areas around joints.
    @Possuum schooled me on how this works. For years I had thought that you needed to spray the bottoms of leaves for foliars to work. This was initially an assumption I made because that's what everyone says to do with ipm sprays. For ipm its important cause the bottom is where the bugs hide.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1