Aloe Vera?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by geopharms, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Was wondering what peoples thoughts are about using Aloe Vera + water solution as a cloning gel? I have a shit load of aloe vera plants right outside my front door so... :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2 Tbone Shuffle, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    It's very common. Lots of organic growers don't like to touch any "chemicals" with a 10 foot pole. Aloe has been used as a cloning gel for many years with good success.

• Like Like x 3
  3. You don't need water mixed with aloe. You can stick the end of the clone into a filet. Let it sit in there for a minute and then do your normal routine.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I made 2 clones a month ago. I used aloe with one and the other without. The one with the aloe took off and look way more healthier. IMO
    By the way I am new to growing. Been around organics for a few years helping a buddy here n there.
    This year was the 1st to try aloe. And we both agree it is great. We are pure organic growers.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm one of them lol I was reading about all the chemicals that are in some of these cloning gels.

Really great to know about this guys. Thanks for the replies. I'll be using aloe vera to clone then. Hopefully I don't find a way to screw it up lol Never cloned before, first grow. Did my first two tops 3 days ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aloe is also great for starting seeds too. Aloe and water are the only thing I EVER use for the first 3 weeks, and I continue to use it a couple times a week till harvest.
    OS

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I use aloe mixed with water every 4 days in my watering cycle. Coconut water with filtered water as well

8. What's your ratio of aloe to water?

9. I just did my first try at clones using only aloe. These are my results after 3 weeks

20170415_112106.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wow, impressive, what did you do? Put it in straight aloe gel?

11. Exactly what i did

Cut clones and placed into water. Just a water bottle while i moved from grow room to work room.

Removed from water and gave a fresh 45 cut and straight into an aloe leaf. While in the leaf i trim the clone.

From aloe leaf straight into my cloner. Placed under 18/6 t5s with my cloner set to 15 min on/off.

3 weeks later thats my best one. My first time cloning.

This is them yesterday after transplant into soil. One of these will be our mother plant. Looking for which ever one starts growing the fastest.

20170415_123745.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ratios for aloe. Freeze sprayed powder @1/4-1/2 tsp for 4 gallons water. Fresh aloe, 3" x 3" chunk in the blender with water, then added to make 4 gallons water. For special things I use a high ratio. Tricky, stubborn starts and seeds get the above mentioned amount of aloe to like 1/2 gal water. I also go really rich on the aloe for new peat and crusty soil that has sat for a while. (Last summers vegi soil for example). I have never had a bad reaction using a lot.
    os

• Like Like x 4
  13. I know this thread is old, but I wanted to share this.
    I took too many cuttings from my plant and thought I killed it. Need to try succulent ferts but had none, so I used a little Canna Terra Flora (cannabis bloom nute) and BOOM! New growth all over!!!
    IMG_0505.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Funny you commented on this old thread because I was just trying to get a new sprout going and was wondering what nutes I should give her to get her growing. I read 10/40/10 liquid fertilizer is good once a month. I'll have to try it and see lol All my 'grow supplies' are in storage or I'd probably try what you did haha =/

Nice lil one you got there ^^ :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Guess they really love that fish shit too..gonna try some next time I feed her..in a month or so;)
    Thanx!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. lots of iron in fish tank water!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. I just bought some cactus fertilizer and soil at Home Depot. Gave them a bit of a boost, but nothing like above lol Those are real nice ^^

18. That is a real Beast..Would make for some GREAT ammo for my DIY cloner..LOL!
    My little plant is recovered enough for me to have a go at her once again;)
    (I use the Aloe gel instead of Clonex..works just fine!)
    DIY Cloner.jpg

19. I give aloe plants the "leftovers" from what ever tea I give the other plants. They go crazy for sst with kelp. I get very, very, large leafs, in a short time period.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2