Aloe Vera For Plant Nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rizilla, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Hi everyone.
    So the other day I bought a large aloe plant (biggest one ive seen maybe 3 feet tall).
    well I cut it open in order to access the gel on the inside. I bring this up because the aloe gel resembles my cloning gel. So when I did my quick research to see if it could be used as cloning hormones successfully I found it had many minerals, micro nutes, vitamins, amino acids, and alkaline materials that promote (clone) growth. It also contains P, and K which makes me believe it might also be a good addition for flowering. (also 90% or the gel is water so it shouldn't burn)
    You can quickly search the contents of aloe and probably will be surprised how much stuff it has to promote plant growth. Im asking if anyone with an aloe plant can experiment with my idea in a more controlled environment.
    I have put 1 TBS. of aloe gel per 1 Liter and watered my plants with this. (they look happy)
    I'm going to experiment with the dosage throughout the plants lifetime and let you know what I find. Im sure it can be an addition to feeding maybe even a possible replacement. Im hoping I can make my garden work for itself lol, thanks for reading guys. Peace:smoke:

2. Thanks for this thread. I never would have thought aloe would be so bemeficial to plants/seedlings/clones. I just so happen to have an aloe plant that has taken to its new home(put it in a ~12"x12" pot compared to ~4"x4") and has plenty of limbs to offer.

Keep us updated on how your plants like the gel/water solution you cooked up.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
    K.I.S.S.

3. Aloe works excellent in conjunction with your garden. I actually use Lily of the Desert brand Aloe Vera juice as a surfactant (aloe is loaded with Saponins) when I foliar feed and add it to my organic teas on a regular basis.

Aloe is also loaded with enzymes, amino acids and Secondary Metabolites.

Quoted by Lumperdawgz - 1. Aloe Vera: contains Salicylic acid is a plant compound which has been used as a rooting agent for over 120 years in the nursery industry. This is the compound that's found in Willow trees which you might have run across in posts on rooting a cutting. This plant material is also very high in Saponins (30,000 ppm) and this adds another level of benefits.

You've done good.

J

• Like Like x 1