almost time

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stashy, May 2, 2009.

1. im getting ready to harvest in the next couple of days. I am using a homebox s with a 4" canfan for exhaust. I wanted to know if i could dry them in the homebox and was curious if i should run the exhaust non stop or just a few hours a day. I want to definately take the 10 to 14 day period for drying. The strain is wos afghan kush so they are really thick buds and i want the dry to go perfectly. thanks in advance

2. When you harvest and cut your plants down, hang them out of the way (either before or after your trim them, if you do that before they dry) and clean your homebox out really good with bleach or Room Clean (hydro shops). Let it dry and yes you can use it to hang your buds in. Just run a fishing line, or twine, or new clean shoestring, etc. with enough space between each line that your buds don't touch and bring risk of mold. I have my exhaust running all day but my room that I dry in is about 20'x20' so it needs it, yours is smaller so hopefully someone with a stealth set up could help me out, but I would say have it on for like an hour twice a day (once when you wake up and once before you go to bed). Set it on a timer or do it manually. Once you feel them starting to get really dry on the outside and you can almost snap the branch, start thinking about jarring them.

Good luck!

3. Thanks for the advice i think i am going to wait until tues to chop. I wanted a few more amber trichs. there just a few amber trichs and its afghan kush strain so i figure for the full effect of this strain i would want atleast half amber. right?? Also the hairs are still 80 to 90 percent white. I have read several times go by the trichs but i also just thought the hairs would change by now, that is just one reason i want to wait longer.

4. I had a Snow Cap pheno last year that had White hairs until the day I chopped it down. They didn't turn color until after it cured up and they turned a pretty orange color. Complemented the buds nicely. Don't wait on those to change bro, they may never until you harvest.

And why are you letting them get amber? Do you want the intense couchlock high? I like to pull mine when the trichomes hit more than half cloudy and one or two amber and some still clear. it turns into some pretty righteous smoke.

Good luck!

5. I agree with chron

Everyone on these sights tells you to let it get 1/2 amber so I did it on the first plant I grew. Seemed like every time I smoked a bowl I would pass out. Before work, at lunch time it would make me tired and lazy.

I suggest if you have more then one plant to chop one right when it shows amber. maybe 10% amber at the most.
    Then cut the other when its half amber and see what you like.

Last grow I did I let my indica dominate go almost as long as my sativa dominate. So I ended up with some nice energetic high from the sativa and some bedtime smoke from the indica

6. Yes i like the heavy hitter put you on your ass like you got hit with a big sledgehammer made of chronic. i have thought about the idea of some now some later but im going to dry where i grow as the topic started. any suggestions on changing that ? the idea of the tent is i dont want this to dry to fast nothing i hate more than airy no stink buds.

7. I live in a really dry area so the first few plants I had dried way to quickly. I got a wardrobe box from u-hall and cut a door in it with a few vent holes around. I keep it closed most of the time and use twisty ties to close it.
    I have slowed my drys way down. From 3-4 days to 8-10 days

Kinda ghetto though lol