Almost struck by lightning!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lightnup, Mar 13, 2012.

1. It was about 1980 and me and a few friends were at the one of the Summer Jam concerts in Louisville. It was an outdoor music event at a small stadium with 5 or 6 great bands of the era so it was a great all day party and during those days you could bring in coolers of spiked fruit and alcohol
    in no problem!
    This one had Ted Nugent as the closing act and, as he rocked, a thunderstorm rolled in causing it to end a little soon, sadly.
    We left and were waiting outside to be picked up and we were drunk, stoned, tired, and leaning against a billboard. Someone passing by mentioned that this might not be a good idea, and we, being the smartass teenagers we were, laughed at them.
    Two seconds later the billboard was hit, and we were pushed a couple feet from it ( we were one foot from it just before being hit). I did feel a little static feeling the instant before it happened, btw.
    I guess the passerby got the last laugh!

2. You almost got lit up - like your username!!!!! Shit I'm funny.

3. if u died itd be a good story
    since u lived - cool story bro

4. ^hahah. That's some crazy shit bro. My neighbor got shocked on the side of his head when he was 7 and the hair that got shocked was white after that. He has black hair with a white patch

5. Damn that's pretty crazy, when I was a kid I was almost struck by a small lightning bolt. As I was walking across the street in my neighborhood I saw a small lightning bolt strike pretty close in front of me.

6. [quote name='"porchy44"']^hahah. That's some crazy shit bro. My neighbor got shocked on the side of his head when he was 7 and the hair that got shocked was white after that. He has black hair with a white patch[/quote]

Legendary