Almost got scammed!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by everydaysir, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Alright GC I'm coming to ask you for help on this one because I seriously don't know what to do..

So I just get back to my car after leaving target (had to buy nicorette gum for the first time, hate cigs and i finally wanna quit)

anyway I'm lookin at the gum, reading the directions w/e (lol there actually is a way ur supposed to chew it..) when this fool pulls up next to me in his car

He's all like "ey bro ey bro i got this plasma TV my boss is guna take it away from me (blabs on about some work problem..etc) you want it?"

He literally asks if i want a free TV, he said it was worth $4000

I was like , and looking back on it probably shouldn't have said, "you trying to sell it or what?"

to which he says "nah I'm just trying to get rid of it here check it out it's in the back of my car"

now if that doesn't sound sketchy enough this shit was pulled on a friend of mine and me a while back, we declined the offer becasue naturally it sounded sketchy as fuck.

I've been searching the interwebs and can't find anything about this scam, he wasn't really offering me a free TV was he? I can't imagine he would...and did I just get close to getting my car/shit jacked?

Anyway, guna smoke a bowl to calm down a little, ANY HELP is greatly appreciated

thanks guys :smoke:

2. you never know these days, but i doubt you could be scammed by simply taking something. i mean, if he was selling it for like 100 bucks or something then itd be sketchy, but idk.

3. That's what I thought, I was like wtf? at least sell it make some money?

W/e though, I figured if I got out some fool would run up and try and jack me and they'd both take off...

weird shit...thx for the reply

4. lol... damn bruh chill out...

why do you need to calm down a dude offered you a free plasma (scam most likely)...

you didn't fall for it... no need to stress about it...lol

5. What if he was legit and you just passed up on a free tv?

6. What if he just needed someone to hold on to it for a little and he was planning on hitting you back up? Idk...weird story

7. Yeah way to sketchy you did the right thing.

8. You made the right call. Who goes up to strangers offering free 4g plasmas? He probably would have tried to jack you once you got out.

9. This kinda shit was on oprah about 5 years about how people were coming out of stores like walmart and saying,

"hey they wont let me return this stereo or tv, and i need money, so i'll sell it to you for half price".

Then you buy the fucking thing, get home and it's like a box w/ shit in it to make it feel heavy, but no tv or stereo.

10. i was gonna give u a free tv...

11. wtf. same shit happened to me and some friends when we were parkin at walmart to go smoke in the nearby woods. A guy walksed up to us and asked us to buy a Tv from him. We declined but now i am really curious about this scam.

12. its a bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. This is the reply i was waiting to see hahaha:smoke:

14. maybe he was just a really friendly fellow. or this is a probable possibility: his boss is gonna take it away from him for whatever reason and he hates his boss so he didn't want his boss to get it so he'd rather give it away

15. Could've been getting rid of evidence. Who doesn't have a friend or neighbor that wouldn't appreciate a TV? Forget about it, you were probably a random target for something shady.

16. don't troll dude

17. It's a scam.

Back when VCRs and DVD playes came first came out people who get the empty boxes and put a couple bricks in them to give them weight. Then they go down the streets trying to find kids or young adults to scoop up "the deal of the century"! Once they get your cash they just drive off and toss a box full of nothing.

It's bullshit and it happens very often. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. :wave:

18. He probably robbed the T.V off the store, or had it robbed. There's people that actually sell Plasma's for $200 that cost at least $3000+

They don't want to get caught so they sell it for less, and they usually just keep robbing different places.

I don't think it was that sketchy. I think it's more sketchy when someone doesn't put a price tag on it even if it's like $10.

19. I would've said "i'm not gonna get out of my car, but if you want to put it in my car i'll take it."

20. where he would proceed to steal anything and everything in ur trunk while putting in a empty box.

Much smarter