Almost got busted a few days ago...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RickCMC, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Hi all, new to the forums and wanted to share a real life story that happened a few days ago in PA. I was sitting in my car in a parking lot taking a few hits of a one hitter. I only had a one hitter with a little bit of weed in it and didn't have any weed on me besides what was in my piece. The weed was a very dank. I had the windows down and was blowing all the smoke out of the window. I put the piece away in the center glovebox and start driving. About 10 minutes later I see a cop behind me who puts on his lights and I pull into a business complex. He comes to my window and asks for license, registration, etc. and says I have a brake light out, which I had no clue I had. He says he will be right back and goes to his car. I figured I was in the clear since he didn't mention anything about smelling weed when he first approached.

He eventually came back and gave me a warning for the brake light and after he handed it to me he sort of leaned closer to the window and took a whiff and that's when I knew he knew. He said he smelled weed and asked if I had anything in the car, and I was just honest with him and told him about my piece in the glovebox and I told him I had nothing else on me. He asked me to get out of the car. I told him he could search my car and that all he would find is the one hitter. He searched and found the one hitter and then asked me whether I had anything else on me because he smelled fresh weed, not burnt weed. He asked if I threw anything out the window and then he went to a grassy area near where we were parked and started looking around to see if he could find anything that I may have thrown out the window. He came back and asked if he could search me, I let him. He asked when I last smoked and I told him the truth. He then said that having the piece was no big deal, and that he believes that its fine if someone wants to smoke in their own home and that he thinks it will be legal soon anyway. He made it clear that driving after smoking weed is not legal. He said he wasn't going to give me a DUI and noted that my driving was just fine. He said that if I got stopped by another cop, they most likely would have arrested me for a DUI. He said if he saw me again in a similar circumstance he would definitely give me a DUI. Even though he didn't give me the DUI he said I couldn't drive my car for a while and had to leave it there for a couple of hours and get a ride somewhere in the meantime.

In the end I walked away with a warning for my brake light. It could have been worse had he actually decided to give me a DUI. I've decided not to smoke in the car anymore. But if that ever changes and I do again, I'll make sure it doesn't reek and that I don't have any lights out!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Driving in a car smoking weed is something my friends and I used to do all the time. It was always fine with me but back in school when I used to carry it was a different story. Blunt cruise with some friends is fun, blunt cruise with half a pound on my person =/= fun.

Nowadays I smoke in my car all day though lol, unless I'm at home ofc.

3. Not worth it for me to drive and smoke. If i do it's something i can get rid of (joint/tinfoil bowl)

They're pretty serious about giving duis for smoking/driving, since in most states it's decriminalized and they can't do much if they catch you with just having bud.

I wish i could freely drive/smoke with no worries, though Legalism is just fine for me.

Glad you made it out OK. That could have costed you 2 years of court cases, and probably over 1000$, easily with the amount of work you would have missed. Oh yeah...not to mention you loose your license for a minimum 6 months, that sucks...did i mention that smoking/driving wasn't worth it to me? :D

Think better next time!

4. Forgot to mention car insurance. Wouldn't it be a sin to have to pay for it whilst not able to drive?

Hope it's not a lease!

5. A buddy of mine went 16 years without a license for 1 weed related dui. I only went 13 years with 3 alcohol related duis.

6. Sometimes the stars are all in alignment... this was one of those awesome moments.