Almost drowned in a car wreck

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tomber, Mar 29, 2011.

1. So I got out of class the other day and one the way home I pass ONE small pond in front of a building. I was driving and as I was going around a slight curve while accelerating (driving stick) this car in front of me slams on their brake and I hit the curb, veer left and then loose control as my car flies into the center of this pond. It is freezing out and as I quickly tried to open the doors I couldn't because the water pressure was too much from the outside:eek:. My car is almost completely underwater when, thank God, I have manual crank wandows and I manage to open them and swim out before my car completely submerges out of view . I freaked out and ran to a house for a phone with some guy yelling at me to stay. I call some family and am driven to the cops so I get a failure to control motor vehicle AND am cited for "fleeing the scene" and have to go to court thursday only because I freaked out and went to get a phone. It was horrible. I will never drive a car without crank windows again if I can help it in my life.

2. lol dumbass.:yummy:

3. how exactly does narrowly avoiding drowning in freezing water than running for help qualify OP as a dumbass? If I were in your shoes OP, I would have done the same thing.

I mean how can the cops write you up after almost dying like that? How are you expected to think clearly after escaping your own death? And its not like you wrecked anyone else.

4. holy shit glad your ok!

5. Shouldnt of drove their car into a pond.

6. sounds like a bunch of bullshit that will go no where in court IF this is actually true?? not calling you a liar but honestly, what the fuck? you were scared for your life and COULD have very well died, how could you get cited for some bullshit like that?

7. Youre stoned

8. You just lived through one of my worst nightmares.

9. Just goes to show how quickly anyone could lose their life... Glad you made it out ok. Hopefully the courts give you a break, unfortunately I have no faith in the united states judicial system.

Screw what the law says. Its awesome you got to wake up today

10. dude you dont see me saying it to they but they know.

11. #11 OhMyKush, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
  12. you should be able to beat those charges in court. you did the right things

13. Get one of these Res-Q-Me keychain clips. It's got a spring-loaded window buster thing and a seatbelt cutter. You should get one for every set of car keys.

[​IMG]

14. I've always wondered if you could just go around busting out windows with that thing ^

15. You sure as shit could. It only takes like 12 lbs. of pressure to shoot off the spring. And it shatters windows in one shot.

16. Yeah that's what I think too. Anyway I should be able to keep my license which is what matters the most to me now. Also I wasn't like "Oh there's a pond I'll just swerve into that to soften the crash!". There's no guard rail and its right there. Obviously its my fault not theirs but I can't help that now. I ran maybe half a block to the nearest house because I wasn't even thinking about the legal consequences.

Thanks for the support though:)

17. i probably would have done the same thing. at least you survived, court might give you fines or a loss of license or some bullshit, but hey, at least your alive to get in trouble!