Almost done!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RjadSavage, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Worst day of my life.. but the most accomplishing ...:confused:... Lss (Long story short) i bought today from home depot Nute/fertless soil mix, peat moss, Perlite, two pots, so now i have a total of four big pots and five solo cups i have enough cfl's for two plants at the moment going to upgrade to get enough for four because four is the most ill ever grow (until a couple years most likely) this grow was an experimental one and everything went right so im positive my next grow will be successful :smoke: i transplanted my plant its 8 days old i had no other option because the soil was killing it everyday slowly b/c of nute burn and i didn't want to see it suffer and die slowly while it could be growing and (hopefully be a female) and produce bud but as i said this was experimental so heres the pics of what i bought and the plant i transplanted could someone tell me if the soil/mix's i bought are decent quality for growing? and if my transplanted plant is okay atm? ill post another pic in about 3-4days , all thats left is to order fem seeds online and a Ph meter and i should be done and be able to chill while my plants grow instead of killing myself for supplies anymore :hello: ( the 2L bottle you see with the pots is what i water with its half a gallon i believe ) View image: IMG 0097 - View image: IMG 0099 - View image: IMG 0100 - View image: IMG 0101 -View image: IMG 0102 , Also i dont water seedlings with that 2L bottle i use another alternative

2. Looks like you've got a decent start, I would say yes that looks like nute burn, If you do a nice mix of all those soils you bought I'd say you would have a decent medium. Use a good amount of perlite to keep it airy and hold water.

One thing I like to tell people new to growing, that you'll hear on here a lot with CFLs is 100W for the first plant, then 50W for each additional plant.

So based on that for your setup you'll want about 250W-300W so you'd need anywhere from 10-12 26W bulbs. It may be cheaper for you to buy a couple of the huge 125W bulbs if you have the space for them.

Another thing I'd like to suggest is using GC's image upload when you can, when you post the links you won't get as much feedback - stoners are lazy. They don't want to click on 10 seperate links to look at your pictures.

You can upload images by pressing 'Go Advanced' at the bottom and you'll see a full text editor with a paperclip image that is where you upload them, it also puts them in a nice gallery for us to view.

Other then that I'd say you got a good start, and keep a close eye on that damage, hopefully she'll bounce back after a transplant.

3. Alright will do about the picture gallery on here it seems quicker too and your right i also heard that rule of thumb that im trying to follow by, your right having that many cfl's can be a bother to position and all.. by the middle of september i might order some stronger wattage cfl's so i have three to four instead of twenty thanks for your feed back much appreciated :D

4. No problem, always appreciate a +Rep if you find my info helpful. Also check out my grow journal, you can find it by clicking on my signature!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

5. Almost done?? Just starting!!

6. True will never be done until i retire growing! which is never but all the work you put into your plant always pays off : ) at least id like to think so.. sucks if you put hours and hours of work for like 10grams

7. Yea, it can be discouraging thats for sure, but the more you grow, the more you know! :)