Almost crashed today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by acekilla89, Dec 30, 2008.

1. so i was driving on route 3 (people in new hampshire know where this is) and i was changing lanes to pass someone...i looked in the mirror and all that...there was an SUV behind me and i went to make my turn and all of a sudden he was next to me...i turn to avoid getting side swiped, and i fish tail...worst case senario, i could have hit the jetta next to me, or the cement barrier that divides the highway, or even worse flipped my car...being a good driver is important cause i regained control but i almost shit myself when that happened

2. I feel for you man, I wrecked the fuck out of my vehicle a couple of days before christmas. Hit some Ice I didn't see on a straightaway after taking a curve. The weird thing is it wasn't even bad out or icy when I first set out for work that morning. I guess within the 30-40 minute drive shit started icing up. My poor car is just sitting there undrivable (safely anyway).

3. Scary stuff.

I got in my first accident two weeks ago. Well, my first accident where it was my fault.

Came around a corner at about 35mph, road was wet, tire pressure dangerously low on my passenger side (front 8psi back 15psi), lost control and smashed into a brick wall.

4. dude that sucks...i was actually goin about 75 or something...it wouldnt have ended too well if i didnt regain control

5. That would have sucked for sure, glad everything came out okay though.

6. damn dude...thats crazy low...my front driver side tire loses pressure for some reason...i gotta get that checked out

7. that sucks, i've never crashed. oh well as long as your ok.

8. Why would you be driving if you new your pressure was that low?

9. That SUV didn't get there by miracle...:rolleyes: Next time don't underestimate the speed of the traffic coming from behind...you as the driver changing a lane are responsible for observing traffic coming from behind and let it clear before you proceed!

10. i completely understand that...they drive so fucking fast on that highway tho...the speedlimit is like 55 and some people are doin 90 and shit...but i should be one to talk i was doin 75

11. My GF's mom totaled her bimmer last night.

Laid in a ditch upside down for an hour, at least she is ok. The dog was in the car and decided to stick around, so it is an all win, minus the car.

-C

12. damn...i love bmws...that really sucks glad shes okay