Almost busted at a park last night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by the.tokrrr, Aug 18, 2009.

1. #1 the.tokrrr, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    Last night me and some buddies were chillin at a park on the lake smokin some bowls about to set up the hookah. Little did we know, we were out of foil! Shit! We pack up the hookah and then chill for a bit. Getting ready to leave, my friend said he heard footsteps on the gravel behind us. We shook the eerie feeling off, and just waited, making sure not to do any more illegal activities incase there were said perpetraters sneaking up on us to pounce!

(At this park, a lot of vandalism has occurred recently. So during the night time, cops increase their patrol in this area.)

We leave the bench we were sitting at and head back up the path. 3 cops flick on their flashlights

"******** Police department" said the one cop nearest to me. They start questioning us about what we were doing down there. Ask us if we have any booze or "marihuana"

They sat us all down on this log while they took our information down. Then we heard the dreaded words,

"Have anything illegal in your backpack?" he asks me and my friend.

"no" we both replied

"Mind if I take a look inside?"

Although we were freaking out (we were stoned and had weed and paraphenila in our bags), I think we remained pretty calm and handled the situation well. We just told them it is our personal stuff in our bags and we'd rather keep it to ourselves as we were doing nothing wrong (besides being in the park after dark). So we were on our way in a few minutes, although the cops still had their suspicions.

Lesson learned: just know your rights and most cops won't infringe on your privacy. Oh and don't hang out in parks after they're closed ..:rolleyes:

2. i had this happen to me about a month ago, we were JUST about to enter our car after smoking at a park and doing shots (the driver was sober) when a cop car came around and put the spot on us. I was the one with the backpack full of the illegal shit, because im the stoner who reads legal books and shit, and know the laws well. I was blazed as fuck, but i had already used Opcon-A so i was good to go, i had to do the whole tango of words where i denied any searches, and then he said that all i was doing was making this harder for myself, and that he would destroy any weed that i gave to him, and i would be on my way, RIIIGGHT i said in my head, and denied, after that he threatened a citation for being in the park after dark, but of course he didnt want to fill out the paper work and we left.

fucking christ, i hate cops

Nice job on knowing your rights and denying all searches, your the kind of person i feel safe smoking with.

Toke On!

3. Haha right on man! Yea I know a lot of people who have gotten themselves busted by consenting to searches. Either way, it's a bitch to talk to the cops when you're high.

4. haha good job

5. Good job remaining calm. Cops don't like it when you disrespectfully tell them they can't search you. I've never had any encounters with the police, but I think I should brush up on my rights.

6. Go to Flex Your Rights

flex your rights has an excellent resource database and also a video thats about 30 minutes long detailing common situations in car, on foot, and at home and how you should deal with them.

You Can download the file here
    Busted-2005 (FlexYourRights.org)

Show your friends, because they may need this information next time you encounter the police.

7. Definitely the best thing I've done since I've started smoking. Most of it I've learned on GC.

8. Fuck, man. I had some shit happen to me almost exactly like this. Me and a roommate, back when I lived in Cali, are chilling in this park after dark that is literally right behind our apartments. There's even a private walkway and a gate that you can use to enter/exit the park if you live in the apartments. Little did I know my friend took an 8th of shrooms and was going to see how long it took me to figure out he was tripping. Lots of laughs are shared and we decided to go smoke a blunt in the park. Finish the blunt, toss it, we're just sitting there kinda talking and chilling. Decide to get up and go back to our apartment.

Right as we fucking get up this cop car pulls around the corner and INTO the park on the sidewalk and starts coming right at us. "Have a seat." is what we heard over the loud speaker as it got about 10 feet from us. I had no idea these were cops until the loud speaker went off, I thought it was just some crazy fucks driving through the park.

They begin to question us, tell us they smell weed, etc. I do pretty much all the talking since my friend is tripping hard at this point and sweating balls. Basically I convinced them my roommate was high and I was totally sober, since I had a pack of cigs in my pocket. The bitchy woman cop had the audacity to ask me why I came out and sat with him.

"He's my fucking friend. Just because he smokes weed I'm not gonna avoid his ass, I came out for a cigarette."

That shut her dumb ass up real quick. The guy was really nice, he didn't expect us to get any tickets or anything. Little did we know the bitch had already written our tickets out. Ended up being a motherfucking $194.28 fine. TWENTY. EIGHT. FUCKING. CENTS.

Coincidentally I moved back to my home state a few weeks after that so I'm pretty sure I got a warrant out for my ass in Cali. The deadly After Dark Park Sitters. Worst gang in Cali, imo. Always causing trouble.

9. Yea man except with my story, the cops were hiding behind trees and bushes and my friend heard one of them step on a rock and dislodge it. That's why we decided not to smoke more.

Same thing happened on a different park on the same lake. Piggies like to be sneaky:):D

10. Lol, shit, sounds like they were going commando on you and your friends.

11. Props on staying cool when talking to a copper!

12. Man fuck the police :smoking:

13. shit thats happened to me a few times, since i live in the city its hard to find a shady spot so when cops pass by the park me and my buddies tend to get a bit paranoid. one time were walking out of a park and i see a cop car with sirens on heading towards us, we were all like fuck -_- turns out the cops passed by us and stopped a car.