Almost afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hardhat0038, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Okay,.. here it is..this Ultraskunk lady I got.. well, she's got som leaves the size of saucers. This is the first time I have had to deal with leaves that damn big, man. but they are totally shading out the lower bud sites,... tucking is out, they are too big..what should I do? BTW,.. it is only 2 big leaves,.. should I remove them or not?

2. i wouldnt remove them. can you get light lower with reflective material?

3. The plant is single cola dominant, and all the buds stay close to the stem..my whole cab is lined with mylar...its just the postioning of the leaves...

4. #4 thosevacanteyes, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    Someone from GC once told me "If you can't tuck it, pluck it"

-C

5. #5 Mr.Bubb-es, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    Are you in VEG or FLOWER ? Surely there has to be a place to hide these things, tie them down maybe ?

6. cut cut cut:D

7. If you can't tuck them then try to tie them out of the way.

8. Here's what she looks like, she's 19" tall now day 1 of Flower, sorry the pic could be better, but I was in a hurry...

Attached Files:

9. if youre only day 1 flower, then youre FINE

the lower colas will stretch a ton in the next week or two, and the fan leaves will naturally be pushed out some.

my advice would be wait at least a week, then think about it if you still need to

10. Use 3 or 4 CFL's positioned on the sides. They use close to no electricity and will take care of your problem. Make sure you use reflectors!
    Shouldn't cost you more than $10 per light/reflector!

Or alternatively use Fluorescent lights, they will work just as well!

11. I appreciate it, thanks for all the responses...

12. damn that's a healthy plant, man tie the bottom of the stalk to the left for support, then tie that plant over to the right from the top, slowly more and more across the next week bro, that whole side will come rushing out with nodes!

and ps, these people are crazy you could totally get away with pruning that plant down. you have a bush there and it looks like you haven't done any pruning at all...one rule I remember reading was never remove both leaves from the same node, and just do one or two at a time to avoid shocking the plant. losing a leaf or two is not going to leave you wishing you never had, in fact pick the right ones and you'll end up with a few extra bowlpacks :p