Almost 8 weeks into flowering, still white pistils

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HomeGrownDank, Jun 25, 2013.

1. hello this is my 1st grow. got two different unknown strains that have been flowering for almost 8 weeks however only about 10 or 20 percent of the pistils have changed color. But I have checked the trichomes and most are cloudy and a few are starting to turn amber.  so my question is how much longer should I give them. I don't want them to lose all the thc. heres a few pics.
    DSCN1995 (1024x803).jpg DSCN1997 (1024x840).jpg

2. What are you waiting for....?  Harvest

3. Don't harvest that plant looks like it could use at least 2 more weeks. Is it 8 weeks from 12/12? or 8 weeks from when the plant started to bud. You need to start counting from when the plant starts to bud, not when you switch the photo period. Also, trichomes develop at different rates, you will have more amber trichs on the leaves and earlier calyx's while the new growth will have clear trichomes. Just by looking at the plant though it's clear that it's still growing and putting on weight.

4. Thanks morange! It is only from sinced I switched to 12/12 and they started showing at about 1 week and a half. I thought they could still use more time. I will definitely give them a few more weeks

5. Thanks morange! It is only from sinced I switched to 12/12 and they started showing at about 1 week and a half. I thought they could still use more time. I will definitely give them a few more weeks

6. Thanks morange! It is only from sinced I switched to 12/12 and they started showing at about 1 week and a half. I thought they could still use more time. I will definitely give them a few more weeks

7. That seems a lot more accurate, so you're roughly 6 and a half weeks into actual budding, so a few more weeks should do nicely for the yield and overall quality of the harvest. When you start noticing more and more amber hairs receding into the calyx's, and the buds start to swell you'll know you're getting close. When the fan leaves start turning yellow and dying off I would flush them with plain water too, to make for a smooth smoke.

8. Ok awesome thanks! And a question on flushing should I do it just once. Or more?

9. I'm new to all of this but your plants are lookin good man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Thanks kodiak! I'm new to all this too these are my first plants and I'm pretty happy with them.

11. Being patient is worth it in the end. That looks like a decent yield for your first grow I'm hoping mine look the same at that age. Nice plant, give it a few more weeks until you notice at least 60-70% trichomes are amber.

12. About flushing, in most cases you should be fine to just flush once about 7-10 days before harvest. Sometimes I flush 2 weeks before harvest and usually end up doing 2 flushes in that time period, but I've never had negative effects from only doing a week or so.

13. Thanks morange! And blizzy I'm actually planning on harvesting before that much trichomes turn amber, as that will give the more couch lock high which I'm not really going for.