Almost 3 months into California legalization: what do you think has changed?

Discussion in 'General' started by ogderp, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Its been almost 3 months now since California’s adult use cannabis market opened and I’m already noticing changes from the days when California was medical only. The biggest changes I’m noticing are with the shops and some products. I noticed that a number of the shops are doing away with the budtender behind the counter concept and are replacing it with an open store layout where you just grab what you want off the shelves and you take it up to the register to pay, and the budtenders are just walking around the store and assisting customers in this new concept. As far as flower goes, we all remember how most shops would have jars full of nugs for each strain and the budtender would pull the jar of the strain you wanted and open it so that you could see it up close and smell it, then they would weigh out the amount of it you want and package it in front of you.

Since CA started adult use though, I’ve noticed that how it works now is that you just ask the budtender for the amount of the strain you want and they give you a pre-packaged and pre-portioned container with what you asked for inside it, the original concept is becoming a thing of the past. I’ve also noticed that most strains of flower now have a brand name listed with it, which I’m assuming is the name of the cultivation company when it used to be that only the strain name was listed back in the medical only days. I’ve also noticed that the edibles hardly have a cannabis taste anymore and I’ve also noticed that some honey oil vape cartridges being sold now contain flavor additives as well, also can’t forget to mention the exit bags. What do you think has changed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Like Like x 1