Allman Brothers Band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PunkyBird, Jan 2, 2009.

1. I listened to a few CDs of them, I really like them! They're definitely my style.. although my style ranges from classic rock to 2Pac to pounding techno...

Still, rock is in my roots, and the Allman Brothers Band satisfies that. Anyone else share this feeling?

2. yep, have you listened to Live At Fillmore East? One of the greatest live albums...ever. Duane Allman was a great guitarist, too bad he wasn't around for that long but they still put on a good show. Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are both great guitarists...I've seen Haynes band Gov't Mule...somewhat similar to the Allmans but there's only 4 people so it is different.

3. I'm listening right now.. You Don't Love Me was so amazing.

4. Skydog was awesome. Check out Derrick Trucks when you get time.

5. had to listen to that live at fillmore east again...whole thing is just awesome, makes ya wonder what Duane coulda done if he didn't die so young

6. Second that. :)

7. I have Eat A Peach on Vinyl, it's a pretty cool album.

8. Derek Trucks can play, great musical genes I guess, his uncle being a original memeber of the Allman Brothers

9. Live at Fillmore East is legendary...Duane And Dickey really made those PAF pickups sound like heaven.

I saw the Allman Brothers in 06, with Warren and Derek on guitar. They smoked some ass! Both incredible musicians with unique styles. The rest of the band was awesome as well. Greg kept swatting at the bugs lol.

10. sweet melissa.......yeah :)