Allergies.

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Man, do they suck.

I don't mean pollen. I can be running through the "Wizard of Oz" fields during spring-time and not sneeze once.

But, its those obscure allergies.

For some odd reason I became allergic to caffeine. That means no chocolate, most teas, most sodas, and TONS of food.

When I do ingest some, I usually have to be rushed to hospital. I become blind, I vomit uncontrollably, and then a head-ache sets in like someone is trying to crack my skull with an ice-pick...its just not a pretty picture.

Anyone else have allergies that effect the way they live?

Kinda like a peanut allergy sufferer, I have to read or cook pretty much anything I eat or drink.

2. that sucks man. i personally dont have any allerggies im aware of.

3. damn, i couldn't live without caffeine

*studying and sipping some tea*

4. None that I know of.

I used to seriously outdo most people when it came to caffeine. One time, just to test my limits, I downed three or four Spike energy drinks and spent the next ten hours wrapped in delusions at the mercy of my heart (which was, needless to say, banging against my rib cage).

It seems as though I can only have caffeine in small, light doses these days. I had one NOS energy drink a few months ago, began to hallucinate and became extremely paranoid. Not fun.

5. airborne allergies kick my ass all year long. :(

Claritin doesn't really work and allergie shots are to expensive and not covered by insurance.

6. I'm alergic to lactose, artificial sweeteners, kiwi, and mushrooms.

7. Oh god, kiwi and mushrooms compromise for about half of my diet. I would slash my wrists.

:p

8. That sucks about the caffeine... although I try to avoid large amounts of it anyway. I don't have any food allergies that I know of.... only pollen, cats, and dogs. It's weird though.... I think you develop an immunity to some allergens if you're around them long enough. I used to be highly allergic to cats, but since moving in with my girlfriend who has one, I haven't been allergic at all. Kind of weird.

9. Please tell the story about the first time your newfound caffeine allergy kicked in. :p

10. Well, through most of my life, I had those "reactions." Massive head-ache, violent puking, sky-rocketing blood pressure, blindness. But, I would get an attack every so often.

Then, it just started happening more and more frequently. Finally, enough was enough. I went to the doctors and they ran a bunch of tests. Took a few weeks to figure it all out.

Caffeine was doing it to me. I'm slowing becoming more sensitive to it as the time passes. Who knew? :eek:

11. weed actually helps with my allergies. jah bless the herb