Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Allergies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Drummerbobbie, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I have not ever smoked before and I am allergic to everything-grass/ ragweed/ pollen/ and all that fun stuff. I don't have food allergies, just airborn stuff. I am concerned that I could be allergic to marijuana. Is there anyway to know before I smoke so I don't have an allergic reaction?

2. eeeek this might be dangerous, if you are over 18 I would suggest talking to a doctor who you are cool with, they can't do shit for you saying you smoke weed so no worries about that. If his only concern is chemicals in the weed, then I would say your okay.

3. If you only touch marijuana and do not smoke it, you can also be allergic to it, for instance rashes, shortness of breath and other asthma-like problems, fatigue or unusual mood swings. Also, if you are in contact with marijuana for a longer period, there is a possibility that you would develop contact dermatitis, watery eyes, sneezing etc.
    As the matter of internal allergic reactions, you could develop flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, headaches and fatigue.
    It would be good for you if you abstained from smoking it for a while and check if the sore throat would go away. There is a way to test if you are allergic to THC in particular, so if you can get a Marinol pill, rub it on a skin and see if there will be some reactions. So if you are not allergic to THC but in some other substances in grass, you could use water hash water-washed kief or ether-refined THC oil instead.
    The best solution for you would be to quit smoking pot for good, as it is yet making you troubles, but.. decision is up to you.

4. I haven't smoked yet- just making sure I am ok if I start.

5. Honestly, you might want to try an find someone with a Vaporizer, if thats not going to happen, you can use indirect heat to smoke just the THC, youtube ways to make your own vape. Good luck

6. Thank you so much.

7. Allergies can suck my DICK!

8. Rub it on you skin and wait an hour, if you don't get hives then take a small hit and you'll find out quite quickly. I would honestly go see a doctor first, but that might be a problem in your situation depending on a few different factors.

9. this.

OP Im allergic to a lot of grass and weeds as well, smoking has not caused any issues for me personally, but that is just my own experience.

10. I'm allergic to grass (certain kinds I guess) and it's never been a problem your good man. Occasional runny nose or congestion the next morning but definitely nothing bad

11. Just because your allergic to pollens and grasses doesn't mean your going to be allergic to marijuana.

Just try it don't be a pussy. I've met like one person in my whole life thats allergic to weed its not very common like someone being allergic to peanuts is pretty common.