[Alleged] Armenian Genocide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by since93, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i looked up godwins law and have understood it.

and we seem to be at the point where nazism has made the entry....moving on, can you elaborate on how exactly denying the armenian genocide(!) relates to denying the holocaust and the native american situation?

2. im happy to see a thread about this... well not happy about it... but you know happy people know

it is a government directly targeting a racial/religious minority and killing them. pretty clean cut to me.

Respect and learn from history. if the lessons of history are ignored they are bound to repeat themselves people , maybe even here in the USA , remember that.

3. No matter what the head of the ADL thinks, its still genocide.

4. Because it's always perpetrated by some kooky fringe group who refuse to see the flaws in their own people/society/country/culture/faith, what have you. It happened. It can't be changed. It can only be acknowledged, apologized for and given a final burial. All you're trying to do is alter history to portray your particular bias in a more positive light.

You have to accept your history. Warts and all. :)

5. accepting history i have no problems with, my main problem is with the fact that real historical research is not being allowed into the topic....trust me, if real, scientific reseach was carried out and the results were irrefutable, i would be the first to admit it but like i said earlier, for scientists to be able to understand the the issue, they would need to use state archives to get the real, hard facts and figures....and armenia is not allowing that, turkey is....lot of people view this fact as armenia has stuff to hide....

6. wohoo!!.....27 to 2!!!....damn..so whos the other dissenter?....:smoke:

7. The burden of proof is on your shoulders. Cite your sources. Of course the thousands of eye witnesses play no part in "the truth," it seems, nor does it matter that it is second most studied Genocide in history. Lets also not mention the fact that all the studies confirm it was a massacre of epic proportions. Genocide.

8. massacre, yes, indeed....im not denying that...hell, i wouldve done the same thing if some armenian (or some other person, really doesnt matter who) came and offloaded hellish pain on my loved ones...id go berserk man...my 4 year old daughter raped and burnt?!?! FUCK THAT!!!!! how about you newbienewton...what would you do if they came and removed your family WITH SOME SERIOUS FORCE?!? all of them right down to your baby sister in the crib man...

well-studied or not, as long as you dont view the stuff unbiased, youre not doing science man....darwin didnt have his scientific views voted on as state policy in different countries...history is a science and this whole thing of voting on the armenian issue means people view this as a poitical thing, as opposed to whether it really happened or not...

9. Whatever dude. It's your thread and your delusion. Enjoy both.

10. is this gonna affect our friendship?

11. Ok, first off, who's "they"? Do you always generalize like that or only with respect to Armenians who I would assume you were referring to there? There's no such thing as collective guilt. If someone commits a crime than by all means try to bring justice to them, but to claim that some Armenians killing and raping justifies the genocide of Armenians is just ridiculous. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Voting on the Armenian issue? What are you talking about? Please tell me you're not talking about the poll that you created...

12. they...they as is whoever came and terminated your loved one with extreme prejudice....in this case, the armenians, so no, i do not generalize...

and as far the voting thing....what, you dont know countries take up the vote in their governing bodies to see who believes the genocide(!) happened?...shit man, if i was in france, and said "the armenian genocide(!) didnt happen", i can be tried in a court of law....which is what happened to bernard lewis..the guy was fined 25 cents by a french court for saying the genocide(!) didnt happen....

13. Fuck this thread. You are ignorant as hell man. If there was no genocide explain why my nana(grandma) and her family had to fucking run from their home country? Explain why half of her fucking family was murdered.

This depresses me greatly, I need a fuckin bong rip.

14. If you think you can blame all Armenians for the acts of a few Armenians, then you're sorely mistaken (read: collective guilt). The acts of a few Armenians do not justify the genocide that was brought upon them during WWI...

Yea, courts are bogus pretty much anywhere you go... Not really familiar with this particular court case, but I don't think there are any good court systems left in the world.

Also, I was not aware people in France (and/or other countries as well?) had voted to see who believes the Armenian genocide happened. Got any informative links I should read?

15. ignorant?!!..you GOTTA be kidding me!!!...i live in turkey!!!...yeah, i do not doubt your people suffered but believe me it wasnt because the ottomans went out of their way to find reasons to massacre people...your ancestors of ottoman ancestry betrayed the empire man!

16. There's no good reason to massacre people. Sorry... :rolleyes: Unless those specific people committed some heinous crimes against you, I can't see why you would think it was ok to massacre an entire group of people... Oh and treason against an oppressive empire doesn't exactly count as a heinous crime worthy of collective guilt.

17. Check this video on the Armenian genocide. Starts at 3:50.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV4cP1YrdgY]YouTube - Is the Holocaust Unique? (Part 3 of 4)[/ame]

18. the web is full of stories on bernard lewis and the genocide(!)....by the way bernard lewis is like one of the main huge authorities on the subject...armenians obviously hate his ass....

19. There is the start of your ignorance. It boils my blood just thinking about this, what proof do you have that it didn't happen? Other than a bunch of racist old Turks telling you that.

What proof do I have that it happened? Let's fucking think about it... I live on a different goddamn continent cause my nanas family had to flee. She was there, how can you deny that shit?

20. a bunch of racists?...dude you have got to be crazy man, ottomans were pretty much the coolest when it came to living with other people...yeah, when people got out of hand, it was dealt with...that doesnt make the ottomans, or by extension, turks, any more racist than, say, the prussians when they went thru some poles or lithuanians....

like i said, i am (edit: not) saying your nana DIDNT have to flee....but there was reason for that fleeing...i aint denying nothing....you stab people in the back, this is what happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.