All you have to look at is Dubstep to know that we failed as a society

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by M_A_R_K, Jul 22, 2011.

1. lame thread

2. you discuss

3. Dubstep is awesome. Way to judge someone's taste in music and label an entire genre as stupid.

4. We have dubstep.

Our society is peaceful, orderly, we have enough to eat, we have the right to speak our minds and vote for the people we want to run our country and chances are that we will go to sleep, safe in our beds at night.

Take, for example, a country like Somalia, which probably doesn't have dubstep.

Poverty, famine, civil war, tyranny, anarchy, breakdown of law and order and one of the most violent and wretched countries on earth.

But no dubstep!

I think you'll find our society is juuuuuust fine. I'm not even a dubstep fan, but you gotta respect other people's rights to enjoy it. If you don't like it, just don't listen. Live and let live.

5. 1.) I hate dubstep
    2.) I never listen to it
    3.) ???????
    4.) :smoke:

6. I dont know how you guys can listen to dubstep? All i hear is too much bass, random sounds, samples from songs, and the ocassional drop. Just my opinion.

7. Nuh uh, rap did that derp derp.

Oh wait no, it was rock, and roll... no no, it was disco.. fuck it was probably those damn cavemen banging on rocks, and shit... get outta here...

8. Quit trollin'.

9. ^^ Quit Hatin'.

10. Yeah fuck dubstep >.>. It blew up and I don't understand why..

11. Dubstep is music. Music is art. Art can never be wrong. Your logic is ridiculous

12. once you take certain unmentionables, this music shows itself as love..

it's simple though, OP.

Don't listen to it if you don't like it. Right?

13. Those are the parts I like...

14. I dont listen to it, but the thought just passed me when i walked by a bunch of ravers kids listening to dubstep outside the mall.

The real question is, WHY? do you guys listen to dubstep is there something im missing?

15. I'm not hating dubstep.. I mean, I do.. But whatever. I know it's music and anybody is welcome to enjoy it if it's their thing.. But goddamn, of all the types of electronic genres, THIS is the one that drastically blows up seemingly overnight in my (and most others it seems) area?

It's not the worst genre in my opinion (country >.>, screamo <.<..) but I just really wish it would quit being so fucking popular.

16. ^^ Fuck it.

Let it blow up.

It's pretty fuckin' big to keep quiet.

17. the fuck is dubstep?

18. A type of music is hardly a reason for a failing society. No, my definition of a failed society is close-mindedness, selfishness, and hatred towards others. If it's not your style of music, fine, but there are way worse things in this world than a specific sub-genre of music. You should really re-assess your outlook on life :smoke: