all the WRONG reasons

Discussion in 'General' started by illalove, Jan 27, 2010.

1. so today my buddy hit me up this morning asking for a ride to school (im graduated) so i was like i suppose and then he threw in the ill smoke you up to so i was like fuck yeah man. well we pull up to the school and im looking around and i swear everywhere i looked all these kids are wearing grateful dead shirts and numerous bob marley shirts. well all these kids are a year or two younger than me so i know like all of these kids. well while im thinking to my self wow so much tie dye it occurred to me that all these kids are into lil wayne young jeezy and that whole genre of music. it also occurred to me that all these kids smoke weed. just happened to be about a week ago and one of these kids walked up to me and said dude i love that brand he was talking to me about my dead shirt. i just stood there and i was like brand do you mean baaaand? and hes like yeah sure. in my opinion a lot of these kids love these artists due to one fact. they sing about smoking weed. i mean you guys might have a different opinion and im not speaking for all of these kids but you wouldn't totally understand unless you went to my old school

2. Brand?

You should have slapped him.

3. yeah i know what u mean...alot of ppl are like woah they metioned weed thats awesome! im a fan now! lol i guess its just like how kids like band cus they say fuck....but its w.e.

4. yeah man like it is by far the most annoying thing like these kids who are like in ap classes play football and are into the jersey shore are like yeah grateful dead!!! dmt lsd and thc sweet man!

5. Talk about sheeple...
    I love weed and I've never heard any of Bob's Songs.

6. #6 SlimPremium, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Loads of people like sex. The Mentors sing about sex quite a bit. And yet, no one likes the Mentors :eek:

Edit: In case your wondering who the fuck the mentors are:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NaLKc_70Cs]YouTube - The Mentors - 3 - White Trash Woman (Up The Dose)[/ame]

7. but afroman does in fact, kick ass :p.
    but yeah i get what your saying man, when i was at school it wasn't like that.. everyone liked what everyone else liked, eventually everyone was into indie, me and a few friends were like the only people who didn't just follow everyone else :/

8. yeah man like these kids are just follwoing something because of weed like be your self is probally the most important aspect of life imo like me and a few other friends were like the first ones to rock the dead shirts and all that in middle school and it just seemed like boom out of no where we love the dead cause they smoke weed. like thats just a humongous insult towards them like the dead is one of the greatest bands of all time and the only reason you like them is cause they smoke weed and trip on a regular basis. like i would love to go up to those kids and be like name me two songs besides truckin and sugar magnolia.

9. Really, not one? Fuckin' a, man, you may like his music.

10. i liked some of his music but im not a big fan if i listen to any reggae it katch a fire and jahroots

11. agreed... im sorry im probably going to upset a lot of mainstream rap fans but mainstream rap is SHIT.. the only good rap in my opinion is old rap (kool g rap, tupac, biggie, big pun, big l, children of the corn, digging in the crates, old fat joe, krs-one, nas, wu-tang-clan and others) because this is when rap wasn't that popular and all these rappers have really deep lyrics and amazing lyrical ability.. alot of rap such as lil wayne, young jeezy all those bullshit rappers have basic a,b,c raps that anyone can make.. the only good new rap are artists like: jedi mind tricks, aotp, reef the lost cauze, cheif kamachi, apathy and celph titled, method man, and a few others.. recently the only really good music i've been hearing is comming out of phily mainly jedi mind tricks crew and the shit they produce.. just my two cents but if you listen 2 the lyrical ability of any of these rappers i listed and take in the lyrics you will see that they murk lil wayne and any main stream rappers ability to make music. also their punch lines are off the hook

12. Maybe he was talking about the brand of t-shirt you had on, and you took it the wrong way?

13. I know how you feel. Iv been listening to and love the dead very much and have since middle school. Then comes high school and these kids smoke pot a couple times then all of a sudden i see them wearing tie dyes, dead shirts and all they listen to is the greatest hits album lol and they love phish. They just follow the stoner stereotype because they think its cool. I just hate seeing such an amazing band get disgraced like that :/

they would never understand why i love the dead so much. For how long iv been listening to them and i had a brother go off and travel around with them idk the dead is something very very meaningful to me and just hate seeing people listen to them for the sole reason of that they smoke pot. These kids are the kids who were shocked that i did acid. They think the guys just get really high and play... little do they know :D

14. wait, the grateful dead is a band?

15. Whats new? :/

16. I'm going to order a couple grateful dead shirts and wear them even though I don't really listen to the grateful dead. :smoking:

For one thing, the artwork is fucking badass and is worthy of t-shirt purchase by itself.

17. agree with you 100 percent dont forget bone thugs in there along with kmk and tech n9ne theyre all nasty

18. It just goes to show you that a lot of people will do shit to get social acceptance. I'm in college and you won't beLIEVE the number of people that lie and buy/wear shit to get accepted. At least from my experience anyways so it does exist past high school. It's pretty sad that people these days have to be posers and aren't genuine individuals and would rather have a shit ton of fake friends than a few close genuine friends. I had a friend from High School who goes to college with me but I never see her and is into Metalocalypse and even saw them live when they toured with Mastodon. Funny thing is...she's a poser as well because she's not even a metal head. She just likes what other people like to get acceptance because she even posted somewhere that she actually cares what people think. So fucking sad. Humans suck.

19. #19 Lucien Lachance, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    My biggest qualm is that the flannel shirt went from being somewhat of a rarity, a respectable item of clothing sold at places like Eddy Bauer, to the staple of what I believe is called being "Scene," which by the way is apparently the next big thing. Even the Basketball stars at my school have taken to wearing tight gray jeans and such. I seems to me like whatever Zumiez happens to be carrying this month becomes the biggest thing in no time. "Wow, this shirt is light purple and baby blue with yellow lines and only costs $50! I'm sold!" What's ironic is that the same people who are wearing these brightly colored flannels would have called the shirt "gay" just a few months ago.

20. just shows people cant accept them selves for who they are i was first introduced to the dead when i was 10 and just to see people rock there tie dyes for drug reasons pisses me off i bet if i asked them who jerry garcia was theyd probally be like a comedian