All the way from Cairo

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MenthaKush, May 25, 2010.

1. So i was thinking.. instead of having to wait till next season to start a new grow with either my bubblelicious or my own seeds, i might get some autoflower seeds. That would work, right? Since they don't depend on photoperiod i can put them outside whenever and let them do their thing.. Only thing is.. i might wanna get one with a longer than average finishing time because it wont get very big if it finishes vegging in 3 weeks and only gets 11 hours of light a day, right?
    Waddya think?

2. hmm you can try it i know theres a lot of autos and lowryder autos, are you talking about a ryder auto?

3. Haven't had any luck with posting on the sick plants forum so i guess ima just ask here:

Firstly... It's now been like 7 days since i clipped my 5 clones. I've kept them on a tray under a large glass bowl i found in the kitchen and put 1 75 watt (75 equivalent) cfl above the dome.

I did a few things wrong to begin with and the most problematic mistake was that i didn't stick the stem far enough into the soil. What happened was that a bit of stem that i had shaved and dipped into rooting gel was not completely submerged... 5-6 days later i saw roots forming above the soil... I can only assume this means there are some roots underneath the surface but anyway my first thoughts are that i probably have to transplant a little earlier.. just so i can cover the newly formed roots with soil.

The dilemma i'm having is that i cant transplant into the pots that i had planned on using because they would not fit under the dome. So either i transplant and move them outside (or take off the dome and keep lights on) or i could use those 16 oz solo cups and keep the dome on.

Alternatively, i could just wait and see what the plants decide to do with the exposed roots. (Not all 5 have this problem.. just 3)

Whaddya think?

4. and German, to answer your question, i would most probably try one of Nirvana's autos (just bacause if i get my bubblelicious seeds then i would be sure that they'd deliver). I was thinking something like Short Rider feminized autoflower marijuana seeds for the yield and indica dominance (personal preference).
    I dunno.. they all sound good to me anyway :D.

5. check your inbox Mentha

tnx :)

6. I thought it was about time for an update:

5 plants from seed: 4 females and one male.. I hope i'm doing this right and i'm eager to hear any comments about the plants. I was a little worried about the yellow leaves on the flowering plants (namely Happy, str8 shooter and Viper) but then i read some forums and it's apparently a normal process in the flowering stage.

The male is kept on a balcony on a lower floor so there's very little chances of any pollination . And even if a little pollination occurs.. i wouldnt mind 3-4 seeds :p.

The one plant that seems to be unhealthy regardless of how well i feed it or how much i water it is the one i've put last (Brosef).

The penultimate (Viper) is a bit small but i blame that on myself.. i waited way too long to transplant the little girl. If you look at the pic i've posted you can see some purple on her. It's also on most of the others but i couldnt get a good pic off them.

Anyway.. here's the pics:

Male (Lax):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Str8 Shooter:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Viper:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brosef:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by!

7. why are your pistils browning?

8. or is that normal this early?

9. Possibly the heat?
    We've had max temps of around 100-105 in the afternoon.

10. damn heat could cause your plants to herm man :/

11. My two clones outback have some pistils that slowly turn brown and their showing no signs of going hermie sofar and our temps for the past week havent been to bad in the mid to high 90`s and over 100 the week before. I think it might be normal due to heat but maybe a more experienced outdoor grower can comment on it since on still on my first indoor and outdoor grow attempts.

12. Dude, that's a nasty gash on your thumb. LOL.

Looking good. I didn't read whole topic but I think you're growing on a rooftop. If so I'd get a couple bricks and put your pots on those bricks so the bottom of the pot isn't on that hot ass roof.

Anyways + Rep going off to work.

13. Thanks Smurfy!
    German, i dunno about ther hermie thing.. i hope it doesnt happen but i'm confident that it won't cos my plants have grown incredibly resilient to heat. There was a week and a half where we had temps of around 115 back when they were still really small and they took it better than my lawn grass.
    The only thing that worries me is that the buds might get rushed too much and they might not mature well enough.
    I also wanted to put up a few pics of my clones. I had 5 cuttings (1 of the 3rd plant and 4 of thhe 2nd) and they all rooted eventhough the plants were flowering at the time :D. I put one of them outside and 4 in a pc case with two cfls and a couple of fans for intake and exhaust. The reason i separated them is that i wasnt sure how quickly they would flower if i stuck em outside so i only put one to test it out. If it doesnt get to a respectable size then maybe i'll stick it next to my male and hope for a second generation :S.

14. Also, i was wondering if it was normal for the 2nd plant (Happy) to lose so much of its lower foliage... it was so bushy before flowering. And is that much yellow normal or should i fertilize?
    When do i stop fertilizing? (i usually fertilize when i see yellowing and it's worked out alright.. i dont have like a constant interval between feedings)

15. Guess who just got a nice pack of 10 Bubblelicious seeds from Nirvana today!

16. Sweet shit man! I'm gunna pull up a chair for this one brosef.:D
    Looking real nice, the browning pistils s pretty common from overheating, but that's okay, they will be fine :)

17. Here's the first:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Second Plant + A main cola shot from the first plant that i forgot to upload :p :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Plant again:

[​IMG]