All the way from Cairo

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MenthaKush, May 25, 2010.

1. mentha- go to aquarium-pet- store for ph test kit. the ones with bottle to test color of sample,, in us about 6-8 dollars. go to garden store for nutes, its about same mix as growing tomatoes. if not sure about how much always use less. read sticky on fertilizing wisely.

2. The same exact PH test kit they have at two different pet stores here in town are about $12.00 and at Wal Mart the same test kit is $5.00.

3. So I went out to the equivalent of Walmart in Cairo. I didn't find a ph test kit although i did find a kit designed to alter (increase or decrease) the ph of pond water. I might go look for an aquarium later but i did get a good suggestion from a friend of mine who said that his pool man had a ph test kit.. he's gonna find out where he got his next time the pool needs cleaning.

On a side note, my visit to the "Walmart" wasn't too pointless. I got some gardening gear i needed, including a spade type thing designed to move plants. As you can see, they are now comfortably placed in their own 30 cm pots :D.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this'll help them recover a little .. it helped the first two.

Here's a pic of the tool i used.. i don't know why i didn't have this in my house to begin with.. u need one of these!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by!

4. If you got a aquarium or pet store that sells aquarium supplies you might be able to find a PH test kit there, the cheap ones arent all that great from what I read and a good one online will cost about $40.00 on up. I`m just gonna order a good one here in a few days online.

5. still bad nute dif

6. I think i might have just seen the first signs of sex on my biggest plant. After 54 days finally she's showing some pistils. I wanted to post some pics but my sister's borrowing my camera. Also, you'll be happy to know, German, that i did sort out that nute deficiency. I'll post some pics as soon as i can :D. In the meantime, I had a few concerns about cloning this beast. Does anyone know if i can still clone even after i see signs of sexing? I'm not sure how long i should wait before i take those cuttings and all the guides and books and shit seem to give no indication on the WHEN... just the how.

7. yeah man you can clone whenever you want :)
    just get yourself some rooting gel. and you can have plenty of those babies

8. One more thing just crossed my mind. I just measured my tallest plant and she's about 13 inches tall and 7.5 inches across (from the bushiest part). Now compare that to my pot which is around 6.5 inches tall and 8 inches wide. Quick mafematics gives u a 1.4 gallon pot for a 1'1 plant. Should i move it to a bigger pot and try to give it more room to grow a bit bigger. Or, since it's showing preflowers, is it too late to get grow bigger?

9. put her in a 5 gal pot right now and you wont have to do anymore transplanting :)

Btw do it fast shes prob gunna go root bound soon in that small pot

10. I'm gonna do that.. i already have the pot lined up.. ima just wait till the soil dries a little from when i watered it last night. I am a little nervous about doing this. Any words of wisdom?

11. Pics as promised :D I tried to show some shots of the two plants with pistils but it might not be clear.

They're all looking healthier than last time. The two i separated seem to be liking being on their own.

Happy: (I've included two pics at the end with the two branches im going to clone.. let me know what you think)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Str8 Shooter:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Viper:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brosef:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lax:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. woo hoo happys a girl! i think i saw pre flowers yes?

13. Ya ya!! :D I wasn't sure but i still took two cuttings off the lower branches. Now im starting to have more faith in these babies.

14. they look like theyll be pretty dank :)

15. fank you, sir :D. If you're ever in Egypt u can sample some wid me. :D

16. that will never happen my friend. for that i am sorry. If i could i sure would though :D

cant wait to see your buds man! :)

17. #37 MenthaKush, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Shame! :(
    So I transplanted happy :D. Poor baby took a beating before she popped out of that pot. Anyway i noticed this green stuff on the side of the root ball.. might have been decaying leaves but it looked worrying. I was too afraid of fucking up the root ball to take a pic so i just ignored it. Any ideas?

Here she is snug in her new 4.5 gallon pot.

[​IMG]

And here are the two clones i cut yesterday. (How long do i keep them under this dome?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. there were no pix in your update man just letting you know :(

19. Posted it improperly. Better? :D