All the way from Cairo

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MenthaKush, May 25, 2010.

1. Hello there!
    My name is Kodez (not really.. just what my friends call me) and uhh.. I'm new to the whole growing scene. I've been living here basically since i was 10 and any of you who've been to Cairo know we don't have weed... just hashish and some locally grown weed that's the Egyptian equivalent of mexican dirt weed. Anyway, I'd been making due with the shitty stepped on hash but about a month ago my friend got some weed mailed over from D.C. and while we were hitting it, he threw some seeds at me.. so i thought i'd try em out. Out of 13 seeds, 7 sprouted and 1 of those died (fuckin bird).. i have 6 plants now.. all about a week and a half old. Before anyone says anything, i know i probably dont have a good chance of getting nice buds from these seeds so when i got the idea, i also ordered some from a seed bank in Amsterdam.... which i'm hoping wasn't a scam.

So i've been reading up on the subject and i'm going to start a grow log on here. I'm not using any lights or any other electric equipment for that matter because as you know, Cairo is close to desert climate. I have 3 plants in three 10cm pots and 4 in two 20cm pots now and im going to wait till they grow some more and then transfer em to some bigger ones. I'm a newbie so i'm probably going to be asking a lot of slightly retarded questions .. so if i do, toke before you post an angry reply :p. Here's some photos of my babies:

4 days:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10 days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. well that's cool, best of luck. If you do a lot of reading on here you should be fine.

3. you might wana think about seperating those plants if you can. having more than one in each pot will cause problems when the root systems start to get bigger. just a thought.

4. Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been replying to anyone but it took me a while to learn how to find my post xD.. too much grass. Anyway, I've transplanted the bigger ones to new pots.I did mess it up a little bit cos the soil was too moist and stuck to the side of the pot... It's a learning experience :p. I'll upload some photos of my plants as soon as i get home from work.
    Thanks for reading!

5. #6 MenthaKush, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    Here's some more recent pics for ya. Two or three are doing really well but, as you can see, one of them has again been attacked by a bird (the one missing a leaf :p). Sorry for the way the pics are posted, imageshack is a bit retarded .

17 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23 days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. well so far looks like indica with the short height and leaves already getting bushy and the leaves are pretty broad. If you take care of it right the buds will be great. you mis treat your plant your seeds from dank buds are going to grow you some reggie. Just remember to take care of it right and dont screw up. dont throw in any time releasing nutes not good! Good luck man!

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/613166-my-first-plant.html

thats my first grow ive got some info in here people posted. Lets see how our indicas do? :)

7. Thanks bro, I'll keep in touch with your grow journal.

8. So a couple of my plants started getting sick about a couple of days back. The bottom leaves are yellowing and developing some spots. It looks like the new growth is still pretty healthy but.. this bein my first grow and all i do have some concerns. I've read that as the plants start going into bud they tend to do that so they can pack the bud. The plants are around 6 and a half weeks old or 7 weeks, so is that normal? We've had a pretty rough week (weather wise) with the temp goin up to around 130 at afternoon sometimes. Could that be it?

9. Never Never Never Never Never send actual money through the mail. You will never get what you bought or your money back. Even if the ppl recieve the money whos to say that wont just pocket it and say they never got it. Dont trust anyone and you will never get fucked over. Send a money order so you can see who cashed it and send it to where they have to sign to recieve.

10. I know man.. it was stupid on my part. Too bad it took me longer to realize it than it took to mail the money. My friend just got accepted into a college in Holland though so he'll be sending me primo seeds for not a lot of money in a few months :D.

11. get some pix up of the babies

12. Hey German! As soon as i get back home, man. They've grown quite a bit since the last pics.

13. I have some inbetween pics also but here's the most recent pics ones:

46 days

Plant #1 (I call her Happy):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant #2 (A.k.a "Str8 Shooter")

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant #3 (Viper!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plants #4 and #5 (Brosef and Lax)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Few questions for ya guys:

1. Why do you think the first two plants are doin a lot better than the others despite them having been planted roughly the same week? (The only thing i can think of is that i started those two in a different type of soil.)

2. I have lost faith in estimates of flowering and bud that i get off the web. Mostly because it's based on lights and indoor growing and so doesn't apply to my outdoor grow. From the pics and the age... how long do u think it'll be for the biggest plant?

3. I wanted to get some cuttings of Happy. When is the best time to take those without stunting growth or interrupting its natural cycle? What are the things i should keep in mind when taking a cutting? (I dont have access to any rooting gel or jiffy pots in Cairo so i stopped looking at videos and books.. there's always stuff i cant get.)

4. I gotta seperate the last two plants soon, yea? Should i wait till i find out their sexes? (I'm thinking it might not be such a bad idea to have em in the same pot if they're both females.. and in case they're both males i can just move em downstairs in the same pot .. its more convenient.)

Thanks for stopping by my grow journal!

15. all around there is nute difs with your plants

and they all undertook different nute difs too

you need to check your ph and the nutes you are giving and def seperate the 2 from 1 pot

otherwise they look ok. sunlight may be a factor to short growths also genetics and what not. get a ph meter and check your run off shud be about 6.5 <<<thats optimal soil ph 6-7 is goo

16. Yea the nute deficiency is definitely apparent. I did just feed them some a couple days ago. Again, my main problem is that i live in a 3rd world country. I'm sure there are ph meters being sold somewhere but i have no idea how i could go about finding em.. language barriers and all. Same goes for the fertilizer.. i think i dosed it properly cos i had my friend read the arabic instructions but still.. i dunno. We had a pretty rough week last week (temperature wise) so i think that's what was burning the bottom growth but if u look at the new growth it looks like they're getting healthier.. fertilizer appears to be working :). How do you think i should go about separating the two plants?.. im worried about the roots.

17. thats why we told you to seperate them earlier :(

but im not entirely sure but they are going to need to be transplanted to bigger pots too, atleast 3 gal id say