All Organic Recipes and Notes Compilation

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Sc00byD00bie, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Spray it lightly every few min using a wetting agent until re-hydrated.
    A peat based mix gone dry is very hydrophobic,don’t water heavily when dry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Just tap will do, you can add aloe or soapnut tea to help with surface tension so the water absorbs faster or a drop of organic soap will do in a pinch.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thats some good information to know...guess its a good thing i feed my worms a ton of banana peels, try to to eat atleast one a day. Sometimes ill chopp some peels up and throw it on my mulch layer

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  4. How would one make this? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. https://www.unconventionalfarmsupply.com/bloom-fertilizer
    ^^this is one way I have seen. Lots of other good recipes. Its Gil Carandang's recipes. I have made this in the past with banana.
    Very similar to KNF as well.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  6. But wouldn’t 1kilo of fruit and 1 kilo of sugar mixed for 7-10 days make alcohol?

7. #287 tzorge, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Some alcohol will be created but this requires (methinks) a lot more than 7-10 days, maybe couple of weeks. I have some mulberry FFJ that smells alcoholic, the plants have not been phased though.

edit: just thought of the following: the FFj iam referencing was not complete as the recipe calls for 50-50 sugar-FFJ if you are to store long term, which i never did for this FFJ.

• Like Like x 1
  8. By weight, 1 to 1 ratio of chopped banana’s, peel and all, with dry brown sugar. Mix in a bowl with hands until it starts turning goopy. Then I fill wide mouth mason jars 3/4 full, adding a pickling pebble on top to keep the ingredients fully submerged. This should be finished in 2-3 weeks at room temp. Would also add a cheese cloth screen or something that breathes but won’t let bugs through. Or can leave the lid on loose. Sorry for the late reply
    When it’s finished, strain and add more brown sugar to the finished liquid to stabilize and preserve. Not sure on the ratio for this. Been awhile.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I have six 5 gallon no till buckets cycled well full with cover crop and worms,very rich.
    I finally received some Maris Piper seeding potatoes and want to try growing them in 5 gallon buckets.
    I read potatoes don’t like rich,wet or dense soil and prefer a more acidic mix.
    I’m thinking of just mixing a 50/50 adding more CSPM and lime but there is so much contradictory info out there idk.

Any true insight would be appriciated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. try this over in the organic veggie thread. i know there are folks that have grown potatoes over there, some in trash cans i believe. @jerry111165 ?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Peat is acidic so maybe mix it in with the soil but without lime? Idk I’m just throwing out a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You can definitely grow potatoes in 5 gallon containers - but the problem with small containers and vegetables is that they heat up in the sun - dry out and especially come midsummer so be aware but yes it’s possible.

Ideal? No. Doable? Yes.

J

• Like Like x 5
  13. Zero reply’s there,guy on utube who is very successful mixes 1/1/1 CSPM/black cow compost/MG potting mix but does in like 20 gallon beer/soda totes(ones with rope handles).
    I’ll try 1/1/.25 CSPM/NT/perlite,should be about the right density and maybe another .5 of cheap compost from Lowe’s.

• Like Like x 3
  14. The goto method for potato growing in AK, is to stack a couple tires on top of each other, fill with peat and compost, and mulch. Works really well for our cold temps, even in permafrost areas.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  15. #295 ocitown, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Any ideas for cheap but good bagged compost here on the west coast?
    Black Kow is not here yet and I can’t see going the $20 a bag for the best.
    OR, the better question,is there any big bag store compost to avoid?

EDIT;Just got schooled a bit and grabbed 1/3 cu yd for $20

• Like Like x 2
  16. So this bulk compost was wood based and well composed,black in color.
    I’ve been using this Farm supply for over 30 years,not sure how long it’s been in these white containers but i paid a deposit and there was no heat inside.
    Mixed a 1/1/1/.5 Peat,NT,Compost,perlite.
    My NT has the full cup of amendments so I’m thinking nothing more should need be added for potatoes.

Using the blue 20 gallon soda bins with rope handles with about 13 holes 5/8” for drainage.
    Never done potatoes but I hear they are one of the most laden with chems food available and grow well in California in fluffy soil.

Any input is welcomed.

17. Prepper I miss your journal man . For real I still go check it from time to time to see if you checked back in . Hope things well with you !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Thanks man, I appreciate the love. Things are going pretty well, started a new journal a few days ago.

Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 1:1 on the brown sugar to preserve fpj/ffj