All Nirvana outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bigkain97, Jun 21, 2020.

1. #1 bigkain97, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    New house. New backyard. I have 15 nirvana seeds I got almost 2 years ago but never got around to popping. Well as I said I got a new house with no grow room setup yet so I figured hey... why not crack these nirvana beans and throw them outside. I didn’t expect ALL 15 to pop after the poor storage but here we are! Lol. 5 Girl Scout cookies 5 original glue 5 Snow White. 1 fell over 1 was a mutant 1 didn’t properly shed its shell casing and 1 somehow got the top cut off! Out of those 4 I have 2 nursed halfway back to life but I will probably kill all 4 as I only need 10 at most. Seeds were directly sown in jiffy mix solo cups. They will be transplanted into my super soil to finish out. I didn’t get to fully finish my soil this run as I said this was just a quick run to bless the new home. Here is my recipe

Base soil:
    (1part= 5gal bucket)
    -Canadian sphagnum Peat moss 1/2 part
    -Coast of Maine lobster compost and ewc mix 1/2 part
    -Perlite 1/2 part
    -jiffy mix 1/2 part

-Dolomite Lime 1 cup
    -Neem seed meal 3/4 cup
    -Alfalfa Meal .5 cup
    -Kelp meal 1.5 cup
    -Crab shell meal 3/4 cup
    -Bone meal 3/4 cup
    -Seabird guano .5 cup
    -Bat guano .5 cup
    -Azomite 1 1/4 cups
    Covered with mulch and letting cook for one month before using.

I do have a problem I’m needing help with. Pictured below you see some type of fungus or something I’m trying to identify what it is, how to treat, and how to prevent it. I’m going to just try a heavy neem treatment if nothing else.
    thanks In advance for any help and hope you’ll stick around for the ride !

View attachment 2811433 View attachment 2811434 View attachment 2811435 View attachment 2811437

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0508.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Possibly thrips

4. Yes I believe it’s thrips and leaf miners. after the kelp/neem spray and rainwater flush they looked way better so I decided to transplant and so far so good. I will be brewing a neem/crab meal/insect Frass tea to control pest. I will do this once weekly until I feel it’s controlled. IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0534.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everything's looking great! What's your latitude or general area for those interested?

6. From the south my friend right on the border of Oklahoma. And thanks for the compliment they are responding very well to transplant. If the days keep being so cloudy may end up having to move indoors the rain is cool saves on water lol but no sun obviously not good for plants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. From the south my friend right on the border of Oklahoma. And thanks for the compliment they are responding very well to transplant. If the days keep being so cloudy may end up having to move indoors the rain is cool saves on water lol but no sun obviously not good for plants.

8. IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0535.JPG

The last two pictures were taken this morning before watering all others were taken late day after watering. It’s hard to tell but all my plants had “praying leaves” when I woke up telling me they are getting perfect lighting so I decided to feed. I top dressed 8 pots with ewc, neem meal, kelp meal, bone meal, bat guano, insect frass, alfalfa meal, seabird guano, and crab shell meal. I left 4 undressed just as a kind of experiment. If the 8 respond well to the top dress after a few days I will do the other 4.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0593.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. ^ PICTURES ABOVE ^

So the first picture you see above is an aerated tea. I’m not gonna go into amounts but I used neem meal, crab meal, insect frass, bat guano, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, ewc, and lobster compost. I’m gonna let it cook 3 days then water it in. hopefully it will help combat the pest as well as feeding the girls a little bit. As far as my plants does anyone see anything I should be paying attention to? Notice any deficiencies or anywhere I could improve? The info would be much appreciated I haven’t grown a plant in 10 years but it’s coming back slowly.

11. They look so incredibly happy and perfect. I know some people are doing less tea making and top dressing instead. I've joined the trend and now water only is too darn easy.

But whatever you're doing ain't broke so don't go fixing it

12. Just 10 years of serious research man this is only my 2 nd grow been a member on gc 10 years though an best believe I have done some STUDYING In those 10 years. I’m an indoor grower though plants would look much better if I had my indoor setup. Less pest and more light. But it’s coming soon stay tuned. Lol this grow was really just a test run.

13. Just wait until harvest and you'll appreciate what the sun can it. It won't be as pretty, but there effects abs terpene production is unmatched!

14. Unfortunately about 6 will be moved inside so I wont get all sun flower. But 6 are staying out so I’ll get some real organic can’t wait

15. I grew peyote gorilla indoor and outdoor at the same time, actually a spring outdoor harvest. The indoor was much darker purple, bigger buds, "prettier." Both had incredible smell. The outdoor was only 6 hours direct sunlight. Appeared to be the same amount of crystal but less plant matter pumped up by the optimal 600w HPS at 12 inches in a 39"x39" tent. I'd be very curious to have them both tested for cannabinoids.

16. Oh and by the way I top dressed more for the long term benefit. the tea I brewed was more for pest control. I’m having serious pest problems and having to go super heavy on treatments and it still only helps for Like 4-5 days. It’s so annoying. I’m guessing that’s caterpillars causing the damage below but I have no idea.

IMG_0654.JPG

17. Just a quick update. After treating the plants with the tea I brewed they look GREAT. All bug damage is gone besides the obvious irreparable holes in the leaves. But the plants are green and full of life looking beautiful. Probably go to there forever homes next week. I should’ve transplanted into bigger pots these things are killing it. IMG_0692.JPG IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0664.JPG

Attached Files:

18. Still looking great! Consider bacillus thurigensis if you think you have caterpillars

19. Literally been thinking about ordering some all day I believe I will. Better safe then sorry

20. IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0715.JPG IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0716.JPG

• Like Like x 1