******All mighty (( LIGHT )) thread*****

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purilite, May 11, 2006.

1. I have professsional photagraphy lights from work. They use halagen 500w to 1500w. Can I use different bulbs in them, like HPS?

smiles...

2. hps needs a special hps ballast...its more expensive than the bulb even.

3. #63 BenderBob, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
    Ok i have a 400watt HPS unit from sun systems. I only use this to flower and I want to know if there is a better bulb that I can use? I have heard the agrosun bulb is a better choice. the bulb I have now is the bulb that came with the unit and is over a year old but still works. I want to replace it and save the old bulb for a back up.

Thanks

after doing a little searching I need to know . are these only for the Halide units?

4. just the infoes i was looking 4! OMG tyvm lol

5. I tried to view ur link to the light you considering, but was unable to view it. I'm a newbie in my first grow. I have 1 very nice plant is almost ready to harvest. Mybe in a week or so. A total of 5 females in my grow room which sounds about like the dimensions of yours. How in the world will you give adequate light to all those with 400 watts of CFL's? i keep reading 100 w of cfl per plant. I have 5 - 300 watts cfl bulbs , 2-3 150 watt cfl and 12 - 100w cfls all rigged up hanging under my stair closet and part of those 100 w are clamped all over the place to pots and anywhere I can rig to get the light into the middle of the plant. Have I just lost my mind with overkill? (iIt is my nature!!) i've got about 5000 watts of cfl's on 5 plants. I got Seemore Buds book, "Buds for Less." Even his book shows the few lights on about 4 plants. The resulting buds in his book are too incredible to believe he did that with 100 watts per plant. I'm hoping to have 2 oz. off the one about ready for harvest. It's one main cola that is about 5 inches in diameter around the top. That's where most of the light is. 300w bulb on 1 side of that cola and another 300w on the other. The mid-sec hasn't gotten as full as that, but does look nice. The book uses a variety known as Mango that is compact, high-yielding and fast maturing. Also a seed from the Blue Dot variety. don't have those seeds yet. I'm just using bag seed from some yummy stuff. The book shows a trimmed plant hanging to dry with a bud the size of the guy's arm and like 5 colas on the plant. None of mine look like that! But, I do have one that's obviously a different strain due to it's bushiness. It's like a lawn shrub. Anyone advise me on the lights that knows what they're doing plz.. All I know is I've got soooo much light, that I can't see my hand in front of my face when I walk out for about 2 minutes. My pupils probably look like periods in fine print. I can't tell cause I cant' see!!!! Anxious new parent!

6. I've got approx. 1000 w cfl's at 2700k per plant for flowering. Yes, I meant 1000w. Using 5 - 300w, 3-150w and 12- 100w all hanging from devices I built from the instructions in "Buds for Less." Lots are clamped to sides of pots as well. But, what a mess of lights. Prob. have approx. under $200.00 of lights. Read more is better and kept lighting up darl spots. Found the 300w cfl 2700k at Home Depot for $15. Its damn BIG! Lights things up well. Oh, I have 5 flowering fems. This is a closet under some stairs. Prob 3ft w x 5ft deep x inclining stairs height. Would I just be better off using HPS lights in this space for the money and the clutter of lights everywhere? Or, what would b ideal in this situation?