******All mighty (( LIGHT )) thread*****

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purilite, May 11, 2006.

1. You can use it all the way through, but its better if you also use a HPS bulb if its a convertable ballist because the plants like the reder color spectrum in flowering.

2. TO THOSE THAT WANT TO JUST RUN TO THE NEAREST wALMART FOR VEGITIVE BULBS HERE ARE THE ONES TO BUY,
    [​IMG]

Now hose are not 100 Watt bulbs they are 26 watts but put them together and thats 52 watts
    [​IMG]

You want min 50 watts per plant (more is alway better)

These bulbs you can buy on-line
    [​IMG]

3. Where can I get those things where you just plug a light bulb directly into it, without like a lamp or something. I dont even know what they are called but I need one

4. you can get them at wal mart,I saw them at menards,probably any hardware store.They're labeled plug-in outlet adapter 1 aisle up from the lights in my local WM next to the timers and stuff.

5. I used that exact light for my first few grows. Its a great light for the price, well worth it! As far as 6 plants under it...i think thats pushing it a bit. i'd say a max of 4 would be best. A 400watt light just doesnt have the footprint to cover all of the plants with enough light to make it worth it, or the penetration to reach lower growth deep through the canopies of all them plants. IMHO.

Im refering to the 400 watt mh/hps on the first page.

6. For those with questions regarding CFL's inparticular the envirolite 125w both blue and red, I am growing just using those, 3xblue for vegative growth and 3xred for flowering. I dont have grows with hps/mh to compare with, however I have just entered flowering and I think the results in vegative growth were great. I think the true test will be how well they do in flowering as this seems to be a grey area on grass city as I cant find a grow journal that uses envirolites. My grow is here

I chose CFL envirolites because:

Cheaper to run
    Less heat problems
    Less space needed(height wise)
    100% correct spectrum(no wasted light)
    and I believe the lumen output per light is above 10k per 125w lamp.

7. It is an incandescent bulb and is not really any good for growing MJ at all, its for plants that need little light, such as the orchid in the picture. If you want to grow MJ, look at either CFL's, HPS/MH or possibly LED's although LED's I am unsure of.

8. can I use CFL's in that fixture tho?

9. i'm mainly looking for fixtures

10. CFL's use the same type of fixtures as incandescents, but you can get a clamp fixture similar to that at Walmart,or home depot for 6 bucks.

11. To my understanding i can get CFL's with blue specturm for veg and Red Spec for flowering??

Is this correct??

and if so

say i'm growing 2 plants would two 45 watt blue cfl's be good for veg and would 2 45 watt red cfl be good for flowering or when flowering do you have to increase or decrease the wattage

12. maybe but im sure you wont be able to get away with one or two to get the full effect. id guess youd need to put it with alot of cool/warm white bulbs or whatever the standard CFL is, but more light is almost always better, i dont think you can give a mj plant too much light unless its like a seedling right under hps or something.

nice thread, how about some info on LED lighting

13. In addition to being full spectrum, the light quality changes with the seasons as the sun climbs higher in the sky during spring, reaching its zenith in summer (June 21 in the northern hemisphere) and then declines as it heads toward fall and winter.

The amount of atmosphere the sunlight has to travel through absorbs various wavelengths of the visible spectrum and changes the color of light the plants receive. During summer the sunlight has less atmosphere between it and the ground so more of the shorter, blue waves pass through. In the fall, the atmosphere absorbs more of the blue spectrum, and more of the light is made up of the longer red waves of energy.

At least that's my theory.

14. what do i need to do? my plants wont grow leaves? is it because of lighting? what are the most basic need i have to accomplish in order to enlighten my plant. i got a space growing it beside my bed, fL lighting, Rockwool soil, and a fan which basically fits the most basic necessities. I need help for more information about getting it big. peace

15. Looking for more info on normal fluros.

I have 1 in my garage, all I know about it is it is 3'-4' long with 2 bulbs. I'm pretty sure it is 2700k though. Are they same rules as CFLs? How many watts do you need, the little bit I looked at normal flouros when I was starting makes me think they are low wattage like 14w.

I have been toying with the idea of cleaning out the closet and moving my grow there due to possible heat issues as it gets hotter as summer starts.

If there is a guide or something someone can point me to that would be great.

Thanks.:wave:

16. I have a 400W HPS with an air cooled tube/6"fan. I am nervous about putting it to close to the plants. Any idea of the best distance?

17. Self Ballasted Mercury Vapor Lamp. 300W - 120V Wonderlite. Is this any good for our cause and about how much could that support if any? suggestions with? [​IMG]:D

18. ive heard all good stories about a 400w HPS...
    only thing is where can i buy one? (not online)