All males, How can I make the best of it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattmc804, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Well, Both my plants turned out to be male, they are 9 days into flowering, can I make anything out of the leaves or something, can i smoke the leafs in a bong? 8 weeks total time

2. ouchies. yeah i dont think there IS much you can do by way of getting high but thats just me

3. males and females both produce bud. But females produce more and higher potency bud. I say flower them and get some bud. Then make some hash out of the leaves and stems.

4. Ditch it and start over, thats my opinion! I'd also get myself a femminized seeds as 8 weeks is a long time for nothing! When if if you buy some seeds pick up an auto then you can have weed in as little as 8-10 weeks. Thats what I'd do, pick up say 1 or 2 autos and a couple of reg. femminized and by the time the autos are done you'll be ready to flower your photoperiod seeds.

5. this is a joke right?

6. [quote name='"tok3master"']males and females both produce bud. But females produce more and higher potency bud. I say flower them and get some bud. Then make some hash out of the leaves and stems.[/quote]

It must be a joke males only produce pollen no bud at all.. A hermaphrodite will produce seeds and buds.. Throw that shit away.. Unless you know how to cross pollinate.. But you need a female to do that.. Start over hope for better luck.. Or buy feminized seeds...

7. Wow that sucks.

Hash.

8. Heres a highdea, what if i stress the plants to extreme levels will they tun to hermies?, I could try... I know it probalbly sounds stupid but w.e

This was only a practice grow, i invested very little, i told myself if I could get the plants to sex i'd do a more advanced sophisticated grow

9. #9 janemba, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011

this is almost true, a good male can produce THC crystals, BUT it will not produce the female flowers or "buds" everyone loves to smoke but it can produce the same componds that get get u high...
    if ur lucky to have one of these males save it or save the pollen because it will make a hybred that much better

10. [quote name='"mattmc804"']Heres a highdea, what if i stress the plants to extreme levels will they tun to hermies?, I could try... I know it probalbly sounds stupid but w.e

This was only a practice grow, i invested very little, i told myself if I could get the plants to sex i'd do a more advanced sophisticated grow[/quote]

That will only work with a female.. And who can tell you what kind of stress will make it self pollinate and what will kill it.. Since you have no female. Grow your male until the pollin is mature.. Meaning dust.. Pollin comes off the sacks.. Use a q tip collect pollin.. Put in a bag and when you get a female pollinate one or two of the lower branches with fan off.. And whalla youll have a couple branches producing a hybrid of the pollin and the female.. Good luck

11. Hybrid seeds..

12. Sorry I haven't been able to sleep the last couple days. Insomnia >.>
    Here's what I was trying to say

EXCERPT from THE CANNABIS GROW BIBLE:
    Many say the male plant is not a good smoke.
    This however may not always be the case.
    Some strains have male plants that produce more
    THC than other males of a different strain.
    Sometimes the male can be stronger than a
    female from another weak strain. Most male
    plants from good genetics are stronger than the
    Ruderalis female. Males can be smoked or made
    into hash oil. Simply wait until the plant is
    flowering and then clip the top 6 inches of the
    plant away and remove the leaves. Throwaway any
    stems and branches. Cure these leaves and then
    find out for yourself if the male is any good
    or not. You may be in for a surprise.

Honestly I would put them into flowering for a little bit and try to make some hash. its going to be better than ditch weed, But Don't expect to get fried.

13. yeah i posted something simular to that eairlier... go read it

14. I know I was just clearing it up. I didn't mean that males had bud. But that it had smoke-able parts.

15. Sure it has smokable parts that will give a buzz, its called a headache buzz. Dude just trash them! All your doing in growing them out is wasting money.

16. Smoke it! I found ditch weed and it was buds of seeds lol. Only thc was the light covering around each seed. It worked. I wouldnt grow like that on purpose. But if ur doing nothig else f it.

17. Trash it and start over. Not worth the time, effort, and money spent on nutes water and lights. Crappy high.

18. I chped em and flushed them down the toleit