All hail the florence flask

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Yogurt, Nov 19, 2009.

1. #1 Yogurt, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    A.K.A. The boiling flask.

I bought this, (1000mL)

http://www.enasco.com/prod/images/products/23/AC070516l.jpg

and I have questions:

:confused:Should I make it into a bong, or a bubbler?
    :confused:Where can I find a stem with/without a slide? Here on grasscity? Diffused is always good.

:confused:If I'm going to make a bubbler, what kind of cork/stopper should I use to put the bowl on? And what would be good for the long mouthpiece coming out? Tubing doesn't look too great...

btw POST PICS OF YOUR BONGS/BUBBLERS MADE OUT OF CHEMISTRY SHIT :D :smoking:

2. [​IMG]
    here'ss what my rubber plug looks like it's just perfect 1 hole for bowl and down stem, 1 for carb, 1 for rubber tubing mouth piece

3. thanks razo!

What about a place where I can buy a diffuser stem & bowl?

4. Just go to a headshop and get a slider and stem. if i were you i'just follow the same idea as an acrylic bubble bong. just have your cap, one hole for the downstem, and one hole for the tube that you suck the air out of.

5. I chose a bong. I was going to drill a hole for the diffuser stem.

6. idk man if you break the beaker thats the end of it.

7. Good lucky drilling it without breaking it. I recommend using a high speed dremel with a diamond tip to do it quickly. Hand drills take forever.

8. Hand drills DO TAKE FOREVER. But that's all I have.

I have the right drill bits.

How much are bowls with stems at headshops?

9. I really wouldn't drill a hole dude. like theres a REALLY good chance of breaking it. a downstem is like $20-30 and a slider you can get a cheap cone for like 15-20.

10. more than glass?

because I can drill glass fine.

11. but you can drill a hole on a rounded glass surface? im not doubting your skills, please dont take it that way, but that is a VERY tricky hole to drill man, you know?

12. Haha no way man, I'm not taking any offense.
    But why is it harder to do after you start the hole?

13. Rounded glass surface=maximum slippage
    But granted if you've already started the hole, it isn't any harder really. Just gotta hope you don't crack it once you break into the other side or turn the bit at a large angle or something and crack it.

14. get one of those rubber corks and make a bubbler out of it

15. Haha yeah.
    I usually start the holes by putting the tip there, tapping the trigger, then re-centering it, and tapping, until I can get a hold.

This should be good if the hole turns out well.

16. or I could stick a thin piece of wood to the surface, and drill a hole in that first...

17. it's easier than they're making it sound. keep ice cold running water on it while you drill and stop if it feels like it might be getting hot.

and a 12mm female and slide shouldn't be more than $8 at a headshop.

glass on glass is a bit more expensive, around $20 for a cheap 14.4 diffy and $10 for a cheap slide.

18. I only have a 1/4" and 5/16" drill bit...do I need to get larger ones?

19. Dude sweet piece you've got there! Mad respect for researching and putting some though into your project. Good luck!