All California Dispensaries May Close

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta Mon, Nov 25, 2008.

1. As a medical user I find this very sad news.

2. I hope that doesnt happen.

Would be one of the biggest fucking setbacks in legalization.

3. Actually, I don't see any problem with this. Just grow your own. The pot shops are actually hurting the legalization process, IMO.

4. me too
    i dont have any plants and its winter so i couldn't start growing for months
    i dont want to buy weed from dealers
    never near as dank as the shit from the clubs

5. thats pretty beat but it makes sense......i think the law just needs some tweaking as to the definition of a caregiver

6. "In a blow to medical marijuana providers, the California Supreme Court ruled that defendants are not entitled to a defense as Prop. 215 caregivers if their primary role is only to supply marijuana to patients"

trust me this can and will be manipulated by MMJ supporters so that it is in our favor

7. Dispensaries won't close, not all of them. The smart ones have been working with the State to stay in business by incorporating as non-profits and collectives/co-ops. Yes, the barely-legal ones who all they do is supply MJ to patients will probably close, and I'm not so sure that's a bad thing to be honest.

BUT - the good clubs will stay in opertion, just change the way they do business behind the scene.

8. i really hope they don't close
    helps me out so much

9. Eh, if you went to school to be an RN, you could work your way around this ruling with no problem I bet.

10. Oh well back to schwag. Haha

11. if i had to smoke shwag
    i would go crazy

12. I totally agree with this
    calling them "clubs" doesnt exactly help either.
    then again the courts assumption that
    everyone using mmj needs serious caregiving is absurd.