All About Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jcj77d, Aug 24, 2008.

1. #342 Wisdom Tooth, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Nvm..

2. I love the knowledge,thanks

3. #344 OGLucid, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Thank you for some great lighting info. However, I have an additional question in regards to CFL's. I have some seedlings that are a couple of inches tall under (4)23Watt CFL's(equiv. to 100Watt). Exactly how close should I have them from the lights?
    I would share photos/video, but the website will not allow me to upload them NOW!.
    Thanks for any knowledge shared.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can I grow both veg and bloom with a hps

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is nicely written indeed. I enjoyed reading the whole post mostly lighting fixtures section. Thanks!!

6. Hey guys! I've been scouring through the world of forums trying to find something to help me decide what sort of lighting I should go with for a micro sog project i have going on. What I did was I flipped cheap tent on its side (64"L 32"w 32"h) originally the tent was just a 32x32x64 tent. So NOW I'm trying to figure out what to do with my lighting. I don't want anything that'll create too much heat or I'll burn the plants since I'm working with just 32" of height. I already have some cfl's and a single 45w led panel. The plants I have in there now are not going to be flowered in there I'm going to start a new round with Ice Cream cuts veg just until they root up then flip them. SO if anyone has experience with this kind of grow or if you have any cool Ideas let me know. Ill post some pics.

IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0637.JPG IMG_0638.JPG

7. Do you know the website to sell seeds?
    [QUOTE =“scottyrock,post:12458729,member:423667”]尝试一些汽车有些做得到3英尺,做一些研究差异类型,去与fem种子它的价值,一些网站卖单个种子,“你可以使它工作“高高在上思考,工作4我:波:[/ QUOTE]

8. Day 21 under Amare Pro-4's.
    SFV-OG
    image.jpg Ace of Spades image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nice even canopy, whats the distance between the lights and canopy?

10. Hello folks

Brand new here. Never grown cannabis at all. Considering giving it a go.
    I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. A while back I bought one of those 1,000 watt LED full spectrum grow lights for starting seedlings for a vegetable garden. From what I'm reading they're near useless for growing cannabis? Is there any practical way to incorporate this light in my operation. I'm on a fixed income.
    Right now I'm thinking of 3-6 plants most likely auto flowering types for my first attempt. I'm open to suggestions in all areas of this build.

Thanks for all suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  11. They do a good job for a veg tent, so if you're just starting out, try them on. I use a 300 watt equivalent blurple led myself (viparspectra). You can start with your current led with veg and then go for qb120 3000k in another month or 2 for flower, that would give you some extra time to save up for better lights. Appx 200 with driver and would flower a 2.5x2.5 space. That space might be tight for 4 plants but doable.

Check out my first grow log:

First ever grow: How do the girls look?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've decided to start 5 autos indoors and then move them out after about 3 weeks. I have some wooded acreage and I figure this will be the best way for me. Will begin setting up pots and dropping seeds this week. I'll be starting 3 Moby Dicks from dinafem, and 2 other freebies I ordered from True North. Wish me luck lol
    Jian

13. Nice post! I'm new in grow light area, your written really helps me a lot, thanks!

14. Hello all! I just wanted to share you a video about the assembly process of light, the site:

15. Looks great. very intuitive. :love-mj2:

16. jah421, post: 2912849, where to find grow lights. 1. Just Google "Grow lights" (Good hit: ALL ). 2. Hydroponics shops should really be called Cannabis growing shops and usually have a good selection (better deals on line). 3. Craigs list (in my area) has a quite a few used lights. The web site suggested has Quantum Board lights (new LED). They appear cost affective and I understand a lot of growers are now going that way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HId lights are too hot .

18. And too much watt density, the watts are concentrated in to a small space