Aliens, Ghosts, Hollow Earth...

Discussion in 'General' started by Arnack, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I have been wandering around this site for a couple years now, and I love it. It's full of information, and has a large forum. It just might be me who is really interested in the paranormal, but I would like to share what I have learned.

It's really fascinating. When I get stoned, I usually start pondering about this type of stuff, so I usually find myself staring at this website for hours when I'm high.

Like I said, I don't know if it's just me, but I really love unexplained mysteries. Cryptozoology... UFOs... Ghosts... Ancient Mysteries.. I love it all, a never ending search to find the REAL truth.

Anyways, here is the website.
    www.unexplained-mysteries.com
    and if I am advertising in anyway, mods, feel free to delete this.
    -Arnack

2. You may want to read up on some of this.

For your own health.

But seriously... none of that is science.

3. I never said I believed an any of it.
    I am just fascinated by the people's imaginations. Not alot of stuff there is completely true, yet, I like it.

4. I can't say I really understand it, but alright.

Just making that clear... you'd be surprised. There was a member (who eventually got banned), who actually believe in the Hollow Earth thing.

As somebody who has a amateur interest in geology; I felt like smacking my head into the wall :D

Sorry buddy, I wasn't trying to antagonize ya.

5. Yeah, haha.
    I don't really believe in that, but I believe in aliens.. maybe ghosts. But yeah, it's an interesting read. I'm just really interested in this stuff! xD

6. Mmmm no comment, just for the sake of peace.

But I think you may benefit from being a little bit more skeptical and critical in your decision making.

Just a suggestion.

7. It had been done.
    My Grandfather worked for the Air Force, and he was assigned by the local government
    to accept calls by local people calling in about a "UFO", and my grandfather said he saw it as well, it was in New Mexico. I've done lots of research through my years, and have read lots of skepticism... go ahead Rasta_Man, bring it on. lol
    -Arnack

8. Yeah, i definitely believe in aliens.

I, too, love thinking about it and looking into aliens and ghosts on websites and stuff, especially when i'm baked

9. Bad decision.

10. Oh well I'm pretty new to the forums.. so I don't know Rasta_Man very much. Is he going to kill me verbally?

11. Well, on my old UFO thread, he definitely had some things to say, and he backed it up.

12. Well give this a watch, firstly.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="VE_Player" align="middle" height="285" width="320">

<embed src="http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/loader.swf" flashvars="bgColor=FFFFFF&file=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/movies/MICHAELSHERMER_high.flv&autoPlay=false&fullscreenURL=http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html&forcePlay=false&logo=&allowFullscreen=true" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" scale="noscale" wmode="window" name="VE_Player" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="middle" height="285" width="320"></object>

Then read this:

13. Haha, I told you

I would go into my beliefs on the existense of UFOs, but im really "meh" today.

They're out there!!!

14. Well despite what I posted, I'm not totally closed to the idea.

It'd be a dream to me, for our species to find intelligent life in the universe. I just don't think it'll be by looking up at weird lights in the sky.

Check this out: [SIZE=-1]www.seti.org[/SIZE]

15. Interesting, Rasta_Man...
    But how could we explain the Roswell Incident... in which the local FBI rushed out there to the desert on that cold night, blocked it of securely, and was never spoken of again. Yes, it is quite easy to Photoshop pictures, but what of the videos? Also, when there is something in the sky, usually it is reported in a mass. Meaning 100 reports of the same thing in the same area. Police said they saw something, even presidents.
    And I can recall one nigh when I was looking outside my window, I saw a bright thing moving in the sky, I dismissed it as an airplane, but then I looked back... and it was completely still, a second later it flew off into the night.. Don't believe me, it's ok... But I just think out of the billions, and even infinite planets/stars out there, wouldn't you think at least ONE would contain sustainable life, and at least one civilization with technology greater than ours...

-Arnack

16. I see where you're coming from. I am sure that there are intelligent beings somewhere out there, but I believe that most "lights in the sky" are not UFOs. Just wrongly identified objects.

But Rasta, what do you have to say about the Disclosure Project???

These are former government employees ranging from CIA to Military intelligence officials, and scientists that have 1st handedly seen aliens, alien craft, and crash sites throughout the past 50+ years.

BTW very interesting site, Rasta. Thanks for the link. It's nice to know that people out there are working hard to find out more about things that are shrouded in mystery to us.

17. Well I'm not sure you even read or watched either of those, but moving on...

I'm unfamiliar with it. I don't really feel like doing the research to learn about it... then doing the research to debunk it.

I've given you some good tools; the onus is on you.

Sort of like this one?

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWX3Xl_cXkQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

I'm not denying that there are unidentified flying objects. That in no way indicates they are aliens or extraterrestrials.

Uh-huh. Please read the article and watch the video.

Oh yeah, I would totally agree with you.

I don't see what that has to do with people seeing funny lights in the sky that they can't identify.

EDIT:

I have to apologize, but I don't have time to watch that whole video.

I did instead do some third-party research on the group, and as far as I'm concered they only have argument: the fallacious appeal to authority.

Like.. I came across no evidence... just some guys with fancy titles giving some ridiculously easily falsifiable testimony

If I'm wrong, steer me in the direction... ideally something that won't take me more than 20 minutes to get through :p

18. I see your points... (and I have watched/read everything you have posted)
    And yeah, I was just explaining my personal experience "UFO"... not proving anything against you... but you really have debunked a lot.
    But, as for the larger, more known videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S6Y5RjhOThM

Well, whatever.
    Back on topic. It's a good website. XD

19. But, that's the problem. There's no hard evidence to support the UFO theory. There's only questionable videos, and people's stories about encounters. No hard evidence. So I really have nothing else other than theories, sadly. Damn, I can't wait 'til the day that some real true evidence comes along, if it ever does.

And I understand, sorry about that, it is a pretty long video.:p

EDIT:

Ah, the phoenix lights. Somewhere around 10,000+ people saw those lights. Pretty crazy shit. I wish something like that would happen here :D

20. well after taking a few philosophy courses, i know that it is impossible to prove or disprove anything.
    there is no objective reality (at least not one capable of being perceived by humans) just what we perceive to be real.

however, i do believe that it's more likely than not that out of the whole entire universe it's profoundly unlikely and rather arrogant to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.