Alien Isolation

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Cheshire-Cat, Oct 11, 2014.

1. I've done a quick search and couldnt find a dedicated thread to this game so thought id make one and see what everyone thinks about it up to now.
    I got it on pc and pre-loaded on steam, surprisingly I was playing it a day before it was due to come out, not sure why it was decrypted a day early but im not complaining.

I've enjoyed the time ive been on it for now (only a couple hours, still not seen the xenomorph but im on edge waiting for it to pop out and give me heart attack) but im off work this weekend so ill be putting in alot more hours, as of now it's THE best Aliens game to date imo. I love the tension and the original feel of the Aliens franchise, it does make it seem like its from the same universe. A massive improvement from Colonial Marines.

What do you all think about it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Is it worth the money

3. Yeah I think it is worth the money. It's deffinately a slow start and kind of irratating the fact that for the first few hours you just have to wander and sneak past HUMANS with guns, you can only use a gun when the game lets you though. When you kill someone with a gun you cant pick it up.
    Not that it would do much agaisnt the xenomorph, which I have seen now but mainly in cutscenes, outside of cutscenes it wanders about freely meaning its not scripted to jump out at whatever points, it just goes after you if you make a sound and can appear at any time if you're doing one of the mini games or saving and thats truly terrifying.

But if you're a fan of horror games or the Aliens franchise then you will enjoy this game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm probably 6-8 hours in, and it's been awesome so far, the Alien is terrifying and if it catches even a glimpse of you, you're basically fucked, at least with the weapons I have. The crafting system motivates exploration, and makes it a bit of a deeper game than just "hide from Alien bastard"

Definitely worth it. 

5. I really like horror games. Graphic must be sick.

6. #6 BlazedGlory, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014

Graphics are beautiful on Ultra, and great particle effects too. The faces are a bit wooden though. 

7. yea most horror game I played were silent hills but I got fed up some games were impossible to win. Always had to jump you tube for help. Is it a fairly simple game strategy wise. Or is it made for scientist to uncover the truth about humans. Lol

8. I bought this game when it first came out and have literally not even opened it because of the other cool new games that came out recently

9. yea I know what u mean. Is like dam sony wants u to finish games that same day. I rather buy one game thats worth my time. Finish it and gives me time to save up for the next game I wanna play

On hard the Alien is pretty hard to sneak past. You gotta use the motion tracker to figure out if it's coming towards you. It has better senses than any other enemy in the game, it'll hear you if you get too close even walking. You gotta crouch to sneak by it sometimes. I'd say almost never sprint if you think it's nearby, especially if it's in the vents. 

If you sprint while it's in the vents it'll jump down and find you. Also if you get into a gunfight with other humans it'll just show up and massacre everyone, so you really can't afford to do that while the Alien is near. You can make things like a Molotov to scare it off briefly, and a noise bomb type thing that will distract it for a few seconds. The noise bomb tends to aggravate it though so use with caution. 

The Alien AI is really great, it's unscripted so you never know where it'll show up, sometimes it'll decide to crawl around up in the vents, sometimes it'll stalk the halls for you, and it even seems to camp the objectives sometimes, although that could just be a coincidence. 

Overall I love this game and look forward to playing more of it when I get back home on Monday :D

11. sounds legit. Kinda reminds of a resident evil nemesis type of game but for the new generation console. Must be awesome. Are u playing it on ps 4

I'm playing on PC on max settings, so it's pretty much optimized in terms of graphics. The Alien is super authentic to the original movie. It's very believable. I can't believe IGN gave it a 5.9, the fuck?

13. On pc cool. Yea. I bet ign gave it a low rating. Haha. Some games are not for everyone. Specially horror games. I gotta play it myself to really see what the games about. But I will deffinetly look into it. Are weapon tough to get or ammo.

14. Yeah the only gun I have so far is the revolver, and I have like 10 bullets for it in total. Use ammo sparingly, like I said shooting the pistol attracts the Alien, and your pistol won't do shit to it. 

15. dam is one of those games. U gotta have alot of patience for those games specially because ur always on the loosing side of the game. I like dead space type of horror game the weapon were build and ammo was given by shooting the aliens.

Oh yeah the first thing you realize in this game is your aren't special in any way. You don't have any special powers or advantages at all. All you have is your wits and whatever you can craft by scrounging supplies. Even the human enemies can own you because they're in packs, although a good Molotov or smoke bomb can mess them up. 

17. nice sounds like u got a difficult game in your hands. Good luck dodging the alien until the end. Just dont show fear. Let me know if u finish it. And rated for me. Only believe those who actually spend time playing a game

18. About 4 hours into the game, loving it so far, they totally nailed the looks of ridley scott's original movie. I love walking into a room and see the lights slowly blink on one after another. The androids are not that scary but make for good enemies, dont like humans toó much though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

So far the androids have killed me more than the Alien actually, the AI is smart and if 2 androids are chasing you they move to cut off your escape routes. I finally figured out it's easier to just juke them in wide hallways. 

20. I try to avoid them as much as posible, I remember my first encounter with one of them, tried to hit it from behind hoping something like a "stealth kill"... Good luck with that lol.

Sent from my XT1032 using Grasscity Forum mobile app