Alien Guy from History Channel

Discussion in 'General' started by HighAsPhuck, Aug 12, 2012.

1. lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABsBprJJPo&feature=related]Ancient Astronaut Theory explained by Giorgio A. Tsoukalous ("Ancient Aliens" compilation) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Hahaha that was pretty good. Some of the quotes aren't as crazy as they seem within context.. but yeah he says some really bizarre shit.

I love the guy though because he's pretty funny and he plays along with the jokes well with his networking sites and shit.

He used to have pretty good theories for shit too a while back. But now everything he says is nuts. I think its him just saying fuck it and playing into the jokes

3. I think alot of what he has to say makes sense. From what I've seen at least

4. Some of the stuff he says sounds reasonable. For example, they claim many ancient monolithic structures have perfect 90 degree angles. I find it hard to believe that was made with chisels and other primitive tools. However, after watching several episodes many of their claims are very far-fetched and merely speculation.

For instance, they found a small sculpture of some guy wearing a headdress. He says something along the lines of "It looks like a helmet. Therefore, he must have been an ancient astronaut." I agree the headdress looks rather strange, but it is absurd to claim that because it looks remotely similar to a helmet, the man was an ancient astronaut. Besides, I think they are forgetting (or choosing to forget) that many tribal leaders used to wear extravagant headpieces as a sign of their importance. It was a very common practice, nothing special about it.

5. Another thing I would like to add. A big portion of their 'evidence' is taken from a civilization's art. If our entire civilization disappeared, with no sign left of our existence except for what was left in stone (only this, because I believe it is the only thing that would survive for thousands of years). When aliens visited our planet and tried to find signs of life, and found a bunch of art what do you think they would conclude from all of that?

Say they found a sculpture of medusa, would you think it's safe to say that long ago some serpent-woman roamed earth? Of course not! We know that is taken from mythology, so who's to say that some of these ancient civilization's did not have some mythology that is unbeknownst to us?

6. I've only watched a few episodes and he has some good points, there was one episode where he thought aliens helped build cities for ancient civilizations and I forget all the places they used as examples but they had giant as pieces of stone cut perfectly that weighed tons. How the fuck were some guys with stows supposed to make perfectly straight edges out of tons of stone?

7. this bitch retweeted me. framed it and put it on my wall

8. What?

9. That's what I'm talking about, that type of stuff makes sense. But that show spews of bunch of bologna and tries to pass it off as 'evidence.'

10. I love the Joe Rogan Experience episodes with this guy.

He's incredibly clear that he doesn't believe the shit he's spouting...he's just spouting it because it is a "viable alternative" to some holes in the historical record. He's not some nutjob that latches onto shit and won't let go like most of the ancient alien community. He's just a real guy who finds these ideas fascinating, and he makes money by talking about it.

The show Ancient Aliens will NEVER have any validity whatsoever, though, because they use fucking Erik von Daniken as source material...even though it has been known for decades that Daniken is a fraud and made up most of the data in his books.

11. this guy looks like rob schneider

12. If you watch a bunch of episodes on the construction of buildings. Thats where things can get interesting, on the basis of how the civilizations made things square (run along with) latitude and longitude.

And one thing that get me, is how those stones are so tight together and no mortar, where as in this day and age we cant even do that without gap or falling apart in a decade or two

13. The mayans have carvings of the milkyway galaxy (the giant swirling star cluster were in) and they even knew our place in it. Explain that

14. [quote name='"B33PB33P"']The mayans have carvings of the milkyway galaxy (the giant swirling star cluster were in) and they even knew our place in it. Explain that[/quote]

I never heard that during the show. But that is pretty crazy, if its true. Do you have any sources?

15. I remember i saw it on one of the more beleiveable episodes but cant find the source atm

16. georgie... you my favorite:cool:

17. #17 NutsLikeKngKong, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgbOOjjBOJk[/ame]

go to 0:48

and 7:10

18. You serious lack the knowledge of what we can achieve.

19. haha yeah I don't get why he does his hair like that... definitely not helping

but the point is there's actually years worth of reasoning behind the crazy shit he says