ali vs tyson?

Discussion in 'General' started by eyecon, Feb 24, 2003.

?

who would win

1. iron mike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ali

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i was watching ali on hbo the other day and my dad was telling me about how great he was at boxing and at his prime no one could beat him.

i watched the tyson fight the other night and remembered mike tysons punch out for nintendo and remembered how unstopable he was in his prime when he became the youngest HVY weight champ.

who do you think would win at their prime

iron mike tyson
    or cashus clay (mohamid ali)

2. Critter is right. Between the two of them, Ali would win.

Of course you would have to have a referee to make sure Mike didn't bite off his ear!

3. I know Ali fought a lot of tomato cans during his championship days, (tomato can = A nobody opponet.)

You think he could do the "Rope a Dope" against Tyson?

As far as hard punching goes, give the nod to Tyson.

As Critter said, brains, movement, and making the most of opportunities, give the nod to Ali.

Would be interesting.

4. ali........just cause ithink theres somthing wrong with tysons brain.
    an i think ive been influienced because i just wathched the movie

i like to watch old george forman fights. always have liked him.

5. he used the rope a dope againts foreman, who can punch as hard or even harder than tyson. my vote =Ali

6. my vote goes to Foreman

7. foreman needs to stick to promoting his grill.

8. Ali would be just too fast for Tyson....just as Lennox was too good a boxer, with a far longer reach....."i'm so quick, i can switch off the light and be in bed before room gets dark".....Cacius Clay.......Peace out....Sid

9. i think he is, darlin.....
    but in his prime :D
    the last fight i saw with forman, cant remember who it was but it was sad.
    peace

isnt it ali that has a kickin ass daughter boxer?

10. yep, Laila Ali

11. I'd have to go with Tyson he's one crazy mother fucker....:smoke:

12. You guys are wrong, tyson was a better athlete. Winning a fight takes more then athletesism though, so a fight between the two would very interesting

13. tyson got punches, but not the balance Ali has.

14. I don't care about the fight. All I know is that Tyson would win in the post-fight interview. Somehow he always manages to out-crazy himself. I think he would make a hell of a comedian.

15. "I like doing other things," Tyson said in a rambling post-fight press conference. "I like getting high, hanging out with my kids, I like drinking. I like doing other things."

fa sho

16. I have to respectfully disagree, because Mike Tyson is like Henry Rollins when he talks: He is not trying to be funny, but becausehe takes himself so seriously, he is funny as all hell. :)

a fight between the two would be very interesting, but it's ahrd to say who would win.

17. I don't think that Tyson hits any harder than Joe Fraser did and Ali beat him. Ali could take some good punches, then cut a man to pieces with his jab.

18. DJ, I'm not saying he has to neccessarily know that he's being a comedian. Think of it, Mike Tyson, on tape, all day every day. I think that's one reality T.V. show I would actually watch.

19. there was a mad tv scetch a while back making fun of tyson. hella funny.
    (tyson dressed up as old lady)
    mike tyson does not rape or beat up women...
    (tyson dressed up as pirate)
    arrrrr i'm a pirate and i rape and beat up women! but mike tyson doesn't!
    that went on for around 5 minutes and it was the best 5 min of tv i saw all night

20. Point well taken LOL!