alfalfa vegan tea bags?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by backwoods921, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Given to me by local hydro store. Any suggestions? Takes 5 days to brew you have to make 5 gal and u can't keep the extra after you feed. Gotta toss it.

2. Looks like you have alfalfa meal there.
    How much are they charging for those?

You can get the exact same thing in a 50 lb sack for 20 bucks.

3. They are 2$ each or 10 for 7$. I would like to get it in a big bag if its worth using. I don't need 5 gal to feed my plants one time...

4. Alfalfa Tea: Put one cup alfalfa meal in a 5 gallon bucket. Fill bucket with water, let it sit from 1 to 4 days. The result will be a thick tea. Apply generously to the root area of shrubs and flowers or use as a foliar spray after straining the solids out. The longer it brews, the better it is but the worse it will smell
    Research has shown that using more is not better. At recommended rates alfalfa works wonders on but it can be overused causing adverse effects.

I think this is similar to the instructions on the tea bag.

If you don't need 5 gallons then use 1/5th of the amount in the bag in 1 gallon of water.

5. Thanks for the info. Has anyone used something like this? If I were to try this next time around, id b using foxfarm and bat guano for flower. This is the recemendation I got from the hydro store. Also believe they said something about worm castings for deff.

6. alfalfa is extremely beneficial in organic growing

has vitamins,nutrients and hormones in it

must have for organic soil mixes imo