alfalfa meal

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by w89, Oct 29, 2012.

1. i wonder if someone could just verify that this alfalfa product is the same as alfalfa meal? thanks :) Dengie Alfalfa Pellets if i just crushed the pellets up would this be ok?

2. Seems so. :)

3. w89,

Welcome to GC......your pellets look good to me. The two things to consider when buying pellets are molasses and sodium which these pellets are apparently free of. I would use them if that's what you have available.

Cheers,

Chunk

4. cheers for the fast reply, i joined couple days ago and have been reading about organic soil recipes Ive always grown hydroponic with NFT trays and coco for last 2 years, but last month i started my first test soil grow just a cheapish soil that had been been sat in the greenhouse for about a year moistened so i just chucked about 25% perlite in it and just giving water and some liquid seaweed extract and castings tea just to see how it would grow.... and im pretty happy with the ease of this style of growing. so im going to work on making a decent soil mix with all the amendments in it so i can improve my soil from the test one so all i will need to add it water and some ACT's.. so yeah thats pretty much it im just looking around the internet for ingredients and diff composts to maybe use

5. See if you can source some kelp meal to round out your amendments. Look for ascophyllum nodosum which is a North Atlantic sea kelp. Since you're in the UK, see if you can get a hold of some dried (or fresh) comfrey.

There are many uses for comfrey in the garden. It's a great mulch, good in a compost pile and can be used to make a liquid fertilizer or a concentrate (syrup). Some Google and YouTube searches will give you several nights reading material.

Chunk

6. #6 w89, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    kelp meal was a little hard but i found this on ebay would this be ok ? KELP MEAL CARP FISHING BASE MIX INGREDIENT (900G) | eBay ?? if not il keep looking, im also gonna make a worm bin and get on the free castings. also started a compost pile for the future at the moment ive just got in it fallen leaves from the trees, straw mixed with cow shit from the cattle market, grass and stinging nettles and green leaves from various plants and bushes.. what do you think of my mix so far?

just found this on ebay by putting in the name you gave me and this came up http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PREMIUM-W...pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item256d10b123 its pretty expensive but would a kg go far?

7. Don't get the ebay stuff...that's way to much to pay. Maxicrop is a good name and you'll be served well.

Chunk

8. lol... I got some Maxicrop liquid seaweed once and when it arrived the label said it had 1% chlorine....I never used it but, am aware that chlorine is not good for microbes.
    Just wondering if that small amount of chlorine would be acceptable....:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I ordered 5 lbs of Thorvin kelp meal on EBay for 13 bucks shipped to my door in 3 days. All the local shops wanted and arm and a leg for the exact same stuff.:D

There is a dude named kelp4less that has all kinds of cheap good organic amendments for sale on his eBay account and also on his regular website. Kelp4less.com I believe.:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's a great deal on the kelp meal. I've bought a lot of different stuff from kelp4less and they're the real deal. I'm paying around $1.20 a lb in 50# sacks, but with shipping included you definitely scored.

Thanks for putting it out here for others to benefit.

Chunk

11. [quote name='"Chunk"']That's a great deal on the kelp meal. I've bought a lot of different stuff from kelp4less and they're the real deal. I'm paying around $1.20 a lb in 50# sacks, but with shipping included you definitely scored.

Thanks for putting it out here for others to benefit.

Chunk[/quote]

Ya they have lots and lots of stuff there to browse through with cheaper prices.. Like an organic Walmart of sorts.. :rolleyes:

Great place! :smoke:

12. When I first started buying from them they were called "brandmel".......I got a gallon of fish hydrolysate delivered to my door for under 20 bucks. Nowadays it's a bit more but is still cheaper than Neptune's Harvest.

They're definitely a good resource for those living in the boondocks.

Chunk

13. [quote name='"Chunk"']

When I first started buying from them they were called "brandmel".......I got a gallon of fish hydrolysate delivered to my door for under 20 bucks. Nowadays it's a bit more but is still cheaper than Neptune's Harvest.

They're definitely a good resource for those living in the boondocks.

Chunk[/quote]

Dude.. Neptunes Harvest is sooo over priced! I live in a huge city (Dallas) and I found it so hard to find all the stuff I need.. I called every feed store and hydro shop in the metroplex and no one had kelp meal or fish hydrolysate.. So I had to order some online.. Almost went with the expensive shit too... Ãœber happy that I didn't.:D

14. Wow, that sucks. I lived in Euless back in the eighties and as big as DFW is, you'd think there'd be at least one organic farm store. Sure had some fun times at Baby Dolls:rolleyes:

15. [quote name='"Chunk"']

Wow, that sucks. I lived in Euless back in the eighties and as big as DFW is, you'd think there'd be at least one organic farm store. Sure had some fun times at Baby Dolls:rolleyes:[/quote]

Hey my friends dad owns that place! They just moved buildings and it's super nice now with an ice ring around the bar to keep your 10 dollar beer cold..:rolleyes::D

We have been out partyin with Vinnie Paul cause he owns the Clubhouse down the street and they all know each other.. You haven't lived til you party with these dudes.. I'm a total fuckin amateur compared to them swillin down full bottles of liquor while poppin pills (aspirin probably) and passin out hundred dollar notes..:D:D

That's cool you have lived in the area.. Small world huh?

16. Ha, yeah....but it was a generation or more ago. I think it was in '81 or '82 that I was there. I partied there ( B. D.'s) with the members of a band called "Point Blank" that were from Texas and popular at that time.

I also rode the bull at Gilley's in Houston and at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth:metal: during the Urban Cowboy phenomenon LMAO. Seems like yesterday yet was 30 years ago. Definitely some great times in Texas.

17. Well... I was born in 84, so.... :laughing: :laughing: you were long gone before I ever even got here.:D:poke:

Ha I can see ya now Chunk:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BJJbtFP4E]Urban Cowboy (7/9) Movie CLIP - Gilley's Rodeo Competition (1980) HD - YouTube[/ame]

18. Seems like yesterday yet was 30 years ago.

Damn you're old Chuck. :D

I was just finishing summer skool for continuously getting caught smokin' dope at skool back then...First I got caught smokin' out in the greenhouse at the aggy school, and they threw me out, went back to regular high school and they threw me out (let me finish by going to summer school) for smoking pot behind the curtain up on the school stage...

I guess I still havent learned my lesson...:smoking:

j