Alcoholics

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaherbtoker, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Any other blades who have an addiction to alcohol? (mental or physical/both) I've been abusing alcohol lately, it kills the pain for a while. :eek:

2. I never touch the stuff

3. Just be careful. As long as there's only you to look out for. If you have children or someone in your life that depends on you, I urge you to seek out help. It's one thing to destroy your own life, but to destroy the lives of those closest to you... absurd.

Don't let it go too far. Instead of numbing the pain, try to get to the root of it.

4. smoke weed bro. fuck drinking everyday.

5. I only drink ocasionally at parties or with a few people could be 1-2 times a week or once a month t doesn't matter could be every few months for what I care. If I'm around people that are drinking I'll probably join in, I have never blacked out or thrown up from drinking.

6. How can you be an alcoholic when you are a pot smoker?

That's like masturbating when you got a hot naked blonde laying next to you.

7. I was never into drinking like I am with toking. I can't understand how people can drink to get fucked up everyday. I could not do that and still function a responsible life style.

Don't get me wrong, I do like to get drunk on special occasions and few times a month (if that). I just rather smoke same dank ass herb everyday like I do, but that's just me. To each their own I guess.

8. I find myself to be somewhat of a alcoholic I crave it daily and find myself atleast drinking 3 out of 7 days a week

9. hahaha.

Bruh, ever since I started tokin' I haven't touched a drop of Alcohol!

10. i was never big on alcohol.. i like to get drunk everyonce inna while but alcohol was never a problem for me..

on the subject of addiction tho.. ive got my own things i struggle with, and addiction is addiction.. so i can relate there

11. I don't so much have an addiction to any one substance but to the act of getting fucked up. I can't stand being sober too long. Alcohol itself I absolutely hate, but if, and only if, I have nothing else I will start to drink.

12. Alcoholism is sad my rogue dogs an alcoholic shits sad bro. I only know pill heads and alcoholics and I don't touch either because of this

13. To OP, definitely don't let that shit get out of hand. I've had family and friends who were alcoholics. The shit definitely sucks and it can negatively affect anyone you know.

14. Alcohol addiction is the shittiest fucking thing, I know this personally, both mentally and physically. Mentally its pretty bad, but physically it can be hell. I've yet to feel any withdrawal worse than when you're in a hospital bed with the shakes for over 2 days and you can't get anything to calm it down. I ended up with 4 hospitalizations because of the booze and my mind not being a good mix at that time in my life.

And how can you be an alcoholic if you're a pot smoker? Once weed tolerance hits its peak and you just don't get high anymore, you'll understand.

OP, I don't know how heavy of a drinker you are, but if you yourself think you're an alcoholic, I suggest you really think about your drinking habits. Where you're at mentally is a huge fucking factor, so just try to keep your sanity. If you're going through bouts of depression, drinking is going to fuck you over. It WILL destroy you if you let it.

And that you're drinking to "kill the pain" is another sign that you may be going down that never-ending spiral of misery. I really hope I'm wrong, and that you'll snap out of whatever is going on in your life that's fucking you up. The end result really could be tragic.

15. #15 PeruvianDank, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    First of all, that's a lame excuse. Second, as a daily heavy pot smoker, I have to say this is bullshit. You'll always get high. Its the same routine of getting high that gets dull not the actual psychoactives running around in your brain. Mix it up when it gets boring, one day smoke joints, the next pipes, then bongs, then hookas, try vaporizers, etc. Just like you don't eat the same food everyday, switch your smoking methods and try different kinds of cannabis strains.

Variety is the spice of Life.

:)

16. was drinking alot in a period, but that shit leaves you strung out and the hangover get worse and worse

so now i just drink once in a while and i dont even really get a hangover

17. I was a bit of a problem drinker for a long time, now I'm a once a week kind of guy.
    At some point that will become fortnightly... Maybe now.:smoke:

18. I hate alcohol.

Everything about it is disgusting. Turns people into fools as well.

Don't let it ruin your life bro

19. I was just about to go off about how the method doesnt matter, Ive been smoking heavy daily for months and the high has been substandard at best.

But now I think that delicious brownie I had for breakfast is kicking in.

On topic, I can completely understand how alcoholism happens. I've always been a pot smoker first and foremost, but sometimes when I drink I just dont want to stop... And then wake up the next morning and start again. What I mean to say is, it's easier than some people seem to believe to get addicted to alcohol. And also extremely difficult to drop. Good luck to you OP.

20. [quote name='"PeruvianDank"']How can you be an alcoholic when you are a pot smoker?

That's like masturbating when you got a hot naked blonde laying next to you.[/quote]

:confused_2:

Because not all of are novice smokers.

I've smoked for 10+ years, have a medical card, and smoke multiple times daily.

Thus, smoking doesn't "fuck me up" like it does for most of the children on this site. It makes me "Normal".( for lack of a better term).

Marijuana just accompanies any drug I do (of course only caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol ;)... Right GC? )

I drink a few times a week, I don't go to the bar, I don't get belligerently drunk.. I had my fun with that in my younger years.

It's just that your arguement is stupid and invalid.