Alcohol withdrawal

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaherbtoker, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Any blades have any experience with this?

2. wrong section lol, but what about it?

3. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']wrong section lol, but what about it?[/quote]

Maybe because he loves alcohol haha.

But yeah I've seen my brother struggle when he stops drinking, just gets aggrivated and he says he has trouble sleeping too.

4. thats not alcohol withdrawal, thats a mood swing lol

people die from alcohol withdrawal.... it fucks your shit up

5. No, it's not a mood swing, it's a very real symptom of alcohol withdrawal.

6. the closest ive gotten is a slight shaking of my hand when paying for my bottle

7. ill tell you what, when my sleepless nights and grumpy days ever come close to being as bad as my cousin having a seizure, kidney failure, and then respiratory failure 4 months after being sober, ill agree with you

lol

those are symptoms of psychological withdrawal, alcohol provides that and physical withdrawal, which is a much darker road

8. [quote name='"veinte uno"']the closest ive gotten is a slight shaking of my hand when paying for my bottle[/quote]

Haha I've had that happen when buying weed after a long dry spell. I just hoped the dealer didn't notice.

9. Just because it's one of the lesser symptoms that doesn't make it any less real.

Bottom line is when you're an alcoholic and you quit drinking it's easier to get mad. If you want to call it a psychological symptom that's fine.

The physical symptoms are obviously bad. That shouldn't make it okay to laugh about the "psychological symptoms" though.

10. being angry is a secondary psychological response.... that is very much psychological

physical involves something ACTUALLY physically happening.... lack of sleep would be more physical than psychological.... but its your inability to sleep without it due to the habitual nature of sleeping while drunk that causes that.... not a physical issue really

I assume op didnt come here to ask about about cannabis withdrawal, which is mood swings, sleeplessness, lack of appetite... i assume he came to discuss the REAL issues that come from alcohol withdrawal, hell you can experience the same withdrawals you just described from stopping drinking caffeine hahahahha

i guess maybe its just me... when i think of withdrawals i think of out of the ordinary things... lack of sleep and anger are an every day issue for people without withdrawals

11. With all due respect you're being disrespectful to people like myself who have to deal with both sides. I'm dealing with the more serious risks such as seizures or even death... but I'm also dealing with the lesser issues like irritability.

Call them real issues if you want, but the fact is the "unreal" issues coincide with the real ones. If you want to mock people for feeling more irritable when they quit drinking because it's not a real symptom to you, then go for it... but it's not a very considerate thing to do.

12. I never said its not a real symptom, i was more so implying that if all that is experienced is mood swings and sleeplessness, you are fucking lucky

as ive been THROUGH withdrawals myself, and i watched them kill my cousin

so with all due respect, im not being disrespectful

but i also wont sit here and say a cold is as severe as aids because they are both a virus

13. Anyone experiencing alcohol withdrawal needs to seek medical treatment due to the high seizure risk.

A doctor will probably use Librium or another benzo in an inpatient setting to lower the risk and keep the patient comfortable.

Avoid Alcoholics Anonymous IMO seek therapy.

14. "i assume he came to discuss the REAL issues that come from alcohol withdrawal, hell you can experience the same withdrawals you just described from stopping drinking caffeine hahahahha"

Maybe I misinterpreted this part. :confused:

15. the word real used as an adverb and not an adjective completely changes its definition

Trees are real because they exist

my head hurts real bad

the second use is the intended use of it here.

sure the symptoms are all real... but some are real bad compared to others lol can you agree?

EDIT: however since im being a grammer nazi ill agree my placement of the world real makes its use incorrect lol

16. I've been getting drunk every night for a couple of weeks, and have been drinking at least 4 out of 7 days during weeks prior to that(half a year probably). Nothing serious right now-sweaty hands, slight headache,confusion,some mood swing. I definitely haven't been having fun while drunk, just numbing emotional pain.

17. Maybe I jumped the gun on calling you disrespectful because of a misunderstanding.

As for the OP I've experienced the minor symptoms. I've never experienced the major symptoms as I've continued to drink.

My suggestion for any alcoholic quitting is that they don't quit cold turkey. That's when you face issues like seizures, shakes, death, etc... Tapering off is the best way to go.

Lets say you drink 12 beers a day. Tomorrow drink 11. The day after that drink 10. Keep reducing the amount you're drinking, steadily, and you'll be okay. Put some willpower to it and you can do it.

18. I think the issue was me implying one thing and saying another through wrong word usage lol

19. It wouldn't be hard if I weren't using it to numb pain. I dug a hole and it's hard to get out.

20. My performance at school has gone downhill, of course. I wish I had more willpower.