Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alcohol Vs. Weed Experiences

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gorgishmork, Feb 25, 2009.

1. #81 OhMyKush, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    You have no idea how much I dislike alcohol sometimes.
    Too much alcohol makes the room spin, makes you feel so shitty, makes you feel like you wanna die. Its horrible. The nausea, the headache, the spinning, you swear to yourself you'll never drink again, yet for some reason you drink again next weekend.

I have finally learned that I do not enjoy getting hammered...the most I'll drink now is enough to get lightly drunk...other wise I'll feel like shit. Usually I smoke when I'm drinking, so I'll smoke a bunch and just sip on 2 or 3 drinks max.

With weed I never feel like shit, it cure nausea, headaches, pain, you name it. I always end up having a good time, I'm still functional and can get stuff done. I am aware, I can make good descisions because I still have my judgement. I can wakeup the next morning and feel good. I'll know what I did the previous night, and the previous nights memories are always of something fun happening. Cannabis wins by a longshot.

2. Im enjoying some budweiser right now.. Alothoe cannabis is my love i love to have me some beer! My dad is an full out alchohoic and im very much against it but id say if your 18 like me live your life up! i easily choose my buds over beer but at the sametime a nice buzz feels good.. ive had my bad hangovers/ non remembering expiereiences but serious shit you get over that bullshit and learn to enjoy, lets say a 6 pack..!

3. I can share.

I started toking in highschool with my buddies about the same time everyone my age started drinking heavily at parties. I used to get shitfaced allot while younger and only occasionally smoked. I got caught out by my parents with a surprise urine test and had to deal with a crazy amount of shit from them. They never ever said anything about me drinking. I would go clubbing get drunk as shit and see how fast my car could go on the highway.(fucking stupid) After I graduated from highschool I moved out and started smoking almost imediatly after that. I smoked for about 2 years on my own until I met this guy who moved in on the same premisses where I lived. I did not drink at all but this guy used to go to bars and buy booze everyday.
    So I started drinking and smoking with him. After about 6 months of going out and drinking allot I started to realize that this oke had a problem. It would always be "only one or two beer" and turned out to be half a bottle of Guervo. The guy could not stop drinking no matter what he tried. He would get so shit faced that he beat on other people living there and had LOUD verbal fights with his girl everyday. He had already met my parents and he influenced my dad to start drinking heavily. My dad is now (in my eyes) an alcoholic. He drinks a botlle of whiskey every day and becomes the biggest dick when he's drunk. I have not touched alcohol in over a year and I have severed my ties with this guy and with my family because of booze. I still toke often and every time I do I just realize how much I fucking hate alcohol.
    I don't drink, not because of how it makes me feel but because of what I have seen happen to people who drink allot.
    Jah guide.

4. see i love smoking a cigar and a blunt sipping on some jack or crown or some dark beer but not to get drunk i have been wasted like five times thay all sucked.
    i drink for taste or ripping a bong having some mixed grey goose drinks but use alchol in moderation getting drunk sucks

5. I love Alcohol, especially good west country cider :D Being drunk is pretty awesome, and whenever im drunk at a party or what not, something crazy will happen (the good, hangover-esque, kinda crazy). However when getting stoned with friends crazy shit goes down aswell (when blazing with friends, we kinda get bored of moping around on the sofa).

Yet with weed, its slightly more chilled, so if you just wanna relax infront of the TV on a friday night, grade is the way to go.

Weed mixed with booze, however, is combining the best of both worlds, life is is such a laugh :D

All in all, I love both equally (Cider and weed = omnomnomnom)

6. weed is a great way to kick any bad habit like drinking alcohol or snorting coke. you can be a long term functional weed smoker. A long term alcoholic wrecks himself and those around them.

7. Bumping a very old thread here but whatever.

Alcohol is definitely far more dangerous. People are 10x more violent and confrontational when drunk. Pot makes people far more friendly, relaxed, and hungry. When people are blacked out drunk they will do things with absolutely no recollection of it occuring. Idk anyone who has ever been blacked out from smoking too much pot. I for one have never passed out from smoking too much or blacked out.

Simple anecdotal evidence that alcohol is worse. Today was a wednesday so I went to classes and chilled in my room. Smoked a joint before the new episode of tosh.0 and then played xbox with some friends. My roommate went out drinking. Came back stumbling into the room fell onto his bed and reeked of beer. Passed out right in his bed while me and my buddies were playing xbox. Wakes up 5mins later stumbles.... legitimately falls to the ground and almost smashes his head on my bed. Walks out of the room, straight to the bathroom, and pukes in the bathroom for like 20mins.

While he was puking and being an absolute mess I was high playing xbox and just chilling. And now I'm studying physics quickly for a quiz because I'm not drunkenly passed out.

Edit: And also I do like drinking as well but I'm not one to black out and make a fool of themselves.

/rant haha :D

8. drinking sucks i hate going to a party sober helping drunks around thats fun as hell mind you im stoned out of my mind and none of them smoke weed fuck that i only drink for the taste not to get drunk but when me and my crew have a smoke sesh its all good times vs fights

9. ^ this guy knows what's good. You kids need to learn to drink properly to obtain that perfect buzz of happiness. You shouldn't feel sick or dizzy unless you drank too much so know your limits . So many alcohol noobs in these forums. To avoid addiction , drink on the weekends at parties and events and smoke herb for the rest of the time.

10. what? at the same time?

11. lol:bongin::bongin::yay:

12. some times or a hookah i like the non cig nic buzz

13. i don't really give a shit tho. alcohol stays legal i say. i cant be at a party high. doesnt work like that.
    its more about the history of the drug rather than its dangers. that's y if people used to do heron as much as they drank, heroin would be legal today and i wound't say shit to that. and in fact no one should. let people do what they wanna do.
    however, they should legalize weed still tho.

14. Alcohol is something that is best for being with people in my opinion. I often drink a beer or two while I'm chilling alone but I rarely get drunk, or even all that buzzed. I like the social lubrication. Alcohol sorta gives you an enjoyable feeling of contentment, but it's more because you're just relaxed with the situation.

Weed is a much deeper feeling. It's also a relaxed feeling of contentment but it's more because you're tuned in to your existence. It's interesting. And alcohol isn't really interesting per say, it's just fun.

No idea if that made sense lol