Alcohol vs. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Olaológ, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Alcohol made me drunk. As in blackouts 4+ nights a week. And barely remember the other 3.This thread made me realize I've got a 7 years sober anniversary coming up on the 15'th. On the other hand I've smoked weed as long as I've drunk alcohol and never had any problems with it. Weed never was a replacement for alcohol. For me personally anyway. Weed never interfered with life the way alcohol did. I'd probably be dead if I had kept drinking at the rate I was, one way or another. Daily smoker for most of 45 years, and now smoking only what I grow.

• Like Like x 5
  2. It's remarkable how differently alcohol and marijuana affect individuals. Your introspection showcases their contrasting impacts: alcohol's social pull versus marijuana's inward focus. Your journey from discomfort to self-discovery, prompted by medical cannabis, highlights its transformative power. Steering away from alcohol's numbing effect, you embraced healing and wellness. Your experience reflects a profound shift towards mindfulness and health, illustrating the diverse paths substances can lead us on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Alcohol never did anything much for me. I never had the urge to have a drink, and there was no chance of alcoholism for me. I have not had a drink of any kind of alcohol in about six years. Once in a while, I think about getting a bottle of liqueur, vodka, or perhaps scotch, but never get around to it.

4. It's apples vs oranges. How 1 or the other affects YOU is one thing, how it affects every other person on the planet??? MODERATION ring a bell? Take responsibility for your intake? You could oversmoke yourself into copd also. More deaths/miseries AND safe enjoyable good times with alcohol IMO, if you really wanna crunch the #'s. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've just never liked the taste of alcohol.

Beer tastes like carbonated piss, wine is just sour grape juice
    and liquor burns all the way down.

Weed's better for me. At least it tastes better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. When I smoke, which has been awhile due to a shortage of weed, I always drink a nice smooth bourbon. They go together wonderfully!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Care to share your recommendation for favorite brand of Bourbon for a smoke?

8. #1 Other peoples! USA 60 ish $'s Eagle rare, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Old Forrester 1920. 35 ish $'s Buffalo Trace, Elijah Craig, Four Roses single barrel, Knob Hill. >25$ Evan Williams Bonded, Wild turkey 101, Bulleit. Put it in Coke :eek: & it won't matter. It's all good, no wrong answer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Evan Williams was my Bourbon. $28 for a half gallon every 2 days. Went down sooo smooth.

10. I’m 55 and used to drink entirely too much. In 2010 I lost a friend and I started drinking more. Two years later I knew I had to make a change. I decided to smoke herb instead, and attempt to quit drinking.

It worked. I cut my drinking to basically nothing. I would average a drink or two a month. At parties, I was the one helping my drunk friends not fall down and hurt themselves. For years, I was the one needing help. Now I was doing it.

I never regret anything I say or do while smoking. With alcohol… good Lord. I can’t believe I never killed anyone with my vehicle. Or myself. I made an ass of myself so many times…

Cannabis saved my life. It changed me too. I’m more empathetic. I’m more concerned with learning every day. After making the switch, I started back to school at age 45 and got my associates degree in chemical dependency. My GPA was 3.65. Cannabis played a huge role in me turning my life around.

The fact that it has been illegal all these years just blows my mind. Our drug laws have NOTHING to do with public health and safety, and that is a fact.

Truth be told, our drug laws propagate depression, anxiety, illness, disease, poverty, misery, and death.

I could go on for hours, but I wouldn’t know when to stop. The fact that cannabis had been illegal for all those decades is an absolute crime, and so many millions of people suffered and died (and some are still suffering) as a result.

And not one person will ever be held accountable for these crimes. The lies we were told… the politicians getting their pockets lined by lobbyists for Big Alcohol, Big Pharma, and private prisons. The corruption… all the people that have died either enforcing the “Drug War” or being on the receiving end…

Imagine all the research that could have been taking place on this plant. Research to treat cancer, seizure disorders, ALS, etc. We lost nearly 100 years because of a prohibition that never worked, and millions paid dearly for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cannabis IS good. I’m curious as to why you think it’s not. Alcohol is poison, though I have some good times with it. Cannabis saves lives. It literally has cancer fighting properties. Nobody has ever died using it. It doesn’t cause cancer. You could smoke 20 joints a day for 50 years and you wouldn’t get cancer. Cannabis helps millions with depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, pain, appetite, ALS, MS, cancers of all kinds… People use Cannabis and so they’re not drinking and driving, getting in fights, beating their spouses… Cannabis is good.

Peace.

• Like Like x 1