Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

alcohol tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CHR0N1C, Jan 31, 2013.

1. this will be the first time making tinctures and i have a couple questions for the alcohol extraction method.

i am going to soak the bud in high proof alcohol in a glass jar (not sure how long?). then i am going to strain it. after that i want the alcohol to evaporate (should i double boil it or cover the glass jar with a cheesecloth for it to evaporate on its own?)

2. Pour the liquid out of the jar then resoak the weed. It won't be anywhere near as potent but there will still be some magic left in the weed.

3. Double boiler is much faster but it depends on how much you have. Place it near a light bulb or heat vent and it'll go fairly quick if you only have a small amount. :)