Alcohol on an airplane?

Discussion in 'General' started by FrWhatItsWrth, Dec 25, 2005.

1. I am planning to take a plane in a week to visit some friends. I want to take them Jack Daniels as a gift, but I am not 21. Is there a way I could take it as carry on without them looking in my bag? Or how can I check it without it being broken?

2. Maybe you should gift wrap it for the person ahead of time, and explain its a gift for them. They may understand, it is the holiday season. Or, just ship it.

3. just try carrying it, stick it in your bag....they will see its liquor and maybe that will be the end of it....maybe

4. drink it before you go on the plane. then you'de be

shitfaced :D

5. Probably won't care unless it's a cop. Isn't harder alcohal flamable? I would just put it in my checked bag so they won't stop you for thinking your going to burn down the plane.

6. Wrap it like a present, carry it on, and you'll be fine. Glass isn't something they seem to check for in the X-ray machines...dunno if it even shows up...anyway if glass was a problem I never would have gotten my bong through 2 international airports.

7. get your pilots licnese, then you can carry whatever...its nice having no rules:)

8. can you explain this, yeahIsmoke05? How do you have no "rules"?

9. bubble wrap, then box it, then check it. should be fine

10. my sister brought back a bottle of Sorrento De Lemon for my dad from italy when she went with our school a couple years ago, she was 17 at the time, and had no problems, it was gift wrapped tho

11. put w/checked luggage, and it will be waiting for you on the otherside

12. Yes you can take it with you. alcohol is offered by the [SIZE=-1]stuardist during your plane ride. best place to get drunk. cuz if that plane goes down i wanna be fucked up. lol j/k
    It has to be carry on for you to take it with you. dont worry about it, its not illegal.
    [/SIZE]

13. This really doesn't help but it is a fun fact. It was once illegal to drink alcohol over Kansas airspace and Rhode Island never amended the prohibition laws (eighteenth amendment)

14. like you can carry pretty much anything you want if you want...you can smoke, you can drink(as long as your not flying)...i didnt mean NO rules, just less restrictions.....its nice, we carry firepower on our flights :)