Alcohol hallucinations

Discussion in 'General' started by Thewastedyouth, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Recently went out up the city with friends,drunk ALOT, ended up by myself, and i remember small parts of my night/next morning when i would wander into a park thinking i was following my friends, and then look back hearing or seeing my other friends in the corner of my eye, but they had gone home hours ago.

I can only remember small parts of the whole adventure i went on,that must have included 5 solid hours of me just walking aimlessly through streets and parks.

I kept following my friends, or seeing them run off behind a hut, follow, only for there to be no-one there.

Woke up the next morning just thinking 'what the fuck!?' anyone ever hallucinated like this just from alcohol?

2. Someone put LSD in your drink.

3. #3 Solipsist NPC, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    Many will argue otherwise, but I believe alcohol can trigger hallucinations in certain people.

I also believe cannabis can trigger hallucinations in certain people.

There are also many other variables to consider as to what is causing the hallucinations rather then just the individuals genetic predispositions. (EG. Sleep deprivation, other drugs you've been using. etc.) And keep in mind a hallucination could be something as simple as visual distortions.

(Personally, ive never had any hallucinations from drinking alcohol, ever. I have however had strong hallucinations while withdrawing from a few drugs at the same time, one of which being alcohol, and a drug very similar to alcohol.)

4. LSD could be a possibility, i also have a very very very vague memory of lying in the middle of a concrete courtyard just staring at the sky.

I had done a line of coke earlier in the night, but i dont think that was a factor to be honest. Sleep deprivation also could be part of it, i mean i did stay up the whole night, ending up falling asleep on the train home at around midday the next day...

5. It happens to me all the time... One drunken night I ended up having some really great sex with what I thought to be a hot milf and then woke up the next morning staring at a glass of water with a set of false teeth in it! Alcohol does in fact change your visual perception of the world, I for one can testify to that.

6. The handfull of times I've gotten passed out, completely blacked out drunk the night spent drinking seems like a dream. Fractions of memories, remembering things out of order, remembering things that didn't happen, or remembering them in a way that didn't happen.

7. Not actually visuals except when i smoke tobacco when I'm wasted I feel like I'm spinning around like a motherfuck and it feels real intense but not halucinations though I'll think something happened but it really didn't.

8. yeah that shit happened to me like twice
    when i was blackout drunk
    basically wonderin round town aimlessly
    thinkin im with my buddies
    but really im just alone

9. lol the whole walking aimlessly for 5 hours part does sound like LSD a little bit hahahaha

10. You weren't spiked, your friends are just trolls. ^_^

11. [quote name='"Thewastedyouth"']LSD could be a possibility, i also have a very very very vague memory of lying in the middle of a concrete courtyard just staring at the sky.

I had done a line of coke earlier in the night, but i dont think that was a factor to be honest. Sleep deprivation also could be part of it, i mean i did stay up the whole night, ending up falling asleep on the train home at around midday the next day...[/quote]

Doing a line and drinking straight destroyed me last weekend. Maybe you were just really really really drunk and didn't know what you were doing? I've never heard of anyone tripping off drinking.

12. you can't hallucinate from drinking, but you can black out

13. [quote name='"steezyDAT"']you can't hallucinate from drinking, but you can black out[/quote]

Omg I hate when people state false things as facts.. Unless you've checked sources and know for sure you're correct, put "I think" or "IMO" in your post.

Alcohol CAN make you hallucinate, I'm on my phone and can't easily link my sources but do a google search for yourself and You'll see that you definitely can.

14. Maybe you drank absinthe. It can make you hallucinate.

15. Ye If you drank absinth theres an igriedient in it called wormword i think that causes hallucinations

16. if you take any substance that alters your mood and consciousness, i believe you can hallucinate. this includes alcohol, marijuana, benadryl, anything. all depends on the person and the dosage.

17. This happened to me when I drank. It was basically when I was just way way to fucking drunk. I had a bad habit of not eating when I drank which probably made it worse.

18. If you have a family history of diabetes please consider seeking medical attention in the near future, as alcohol induced hallucinations may be a symptom of serious blood sugar fluctuations, which may be fatal.

Medscape: Medscape Access

19. #19 TelevisedChaos, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I've hallucinated from sleep deprivation before.

I was in the shower one night, and I look up and see a spider on the ceiling above me, I freak out and jump out of the shower like a girl (Not sure why I freaked out, I'm not actually scared of spiders, I've slept knowing spiders are in my room because they catch flies for me :D)

Anyway a couple seconds later I look back to where I saw it and there's nothing there. No spider to be seen anywhere in the room in fact, and the one I hallucinated was pretty big. Finished my shower and went to bed after that lol, I think I was awake for at least 30 hours that day...

20. Should probably have said, i didnt drink any absinthe, but i guess if that can make you apparently hallucinate then so can other alcohol.