Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

alcohol evaporation

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dpatty36, Nov 24, 2019.

1. i put my decarb bud in a jar with everclear its been sitting in a dark place for 2weeks now i need to get the alcohohl out. i read that you can do this with putting it in a hot water can some one please elaborate im very new to this .

2. Alcohol boils at about 175 F.
    Water boils at 212 F.
    So a container of tincture sitting in a boiling water bath will get the alcohol boiled off.
    Make sure to use plenty of ventilation, and avoid flames and sparks.
    Better yet, if you will be making tincture frequently, get a still that can reclaim alcohol:
    The Lowest Price And High Quality Alembic Distiller Alcohol Distiller - Buy Alembic Distiller,Alembic Distiller,Alembic Distiller Product on Alibaba.com
    I own one of these (from a different source), and it's a Green Oil Machine clone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tha
    nk you im going to give it a go

• Like Like x 1
  4. I actually don't bother to use a water bath to boil off the last bit of alcohol.
    My stove has covered burners and an exhaust fan, so I put tincture directly onto a stove burner with the vent fan on. And a nearby living room ceiling fan.
    Alcohol fumes won't explode at the concentrations that happen with good ventilation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Are you saying that you heat your tincture to 212°F?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

6. A water distiller off eBay , around $95 , just add alcohol press on and the alcohols come out the spout , which can be reused , ideal for rso when using isopropyl , get at least 3-4 uses from 1 lot of ISO

7. no i test the temp of it periodically it dosent go over 160 this bad

8. I first reduce tincture using a Green Oil Machine clone, which is a still.

The concentrated tincture starts to boil at about 175 F on a stove top, continues boiling until around 212 F, then a spurt of water steam happens to get rid of the residual water.
    At about 230 F, only FECO remains, which can be diluted with oil and lecithin to any concentration.

Sparks, flames, pockets of concentrated fumes, or lack of ventilation make this risky, but the alcohol fumes need to be about 3% of the total air volume before they will explode. I doubt I go above 0.01% in my kitchen, but lack of ventilation can create zones of higher fume concentration.

9. [​IMG]
    Or use no heat at all and just moving air.

BNW

10. this is the still I use and u can safely use it inside , there is a spout and the alcohol drips into a vessel seperate from the still so no chance of igniting

Attached Files:

11. #11 Tokintb12, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Edit

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tincture goes inside, and 190 proof ethanol comes out, leaving the reduced tincture inside the device.
    It's a pain pouring out a small amount of viscous fluid from a 1 gallon device, and getting all the medicine.
    This was sold as the Green Oil Machine,
    Green Oil Machine
    but now there are clones everywhere.
    The Lowest Price And High Quality Alembic Distiller Alcohol Distiller - Buy Alembic Distiller,Alembic Distiller,Alembic Distiller Product on Alibaba.com

13. It's just that simple and not. LOL Either your trying to clean the tar out of your distiller or you add water to the tincture so you have some liquid to hold the RSO tars and oils in suspension to pour out of your distilling device.

This is the method I choose as getting the tar off the walls of the still was a pain and it also overcooked the RSO further then I like.
    What you see under the fan in my photo is mostly water left after I distilled off 98% of the 190 proof.
    My still has a temp gauge and I can tell when the temp climbs up towards 200F it's down to just water and when the output goes cloudy I'm done.

BNW

14. #14 Tokintb12, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Edit

15. Best of luck to you , I just find this distiller very simple to regain most of the pure alcohol used , you just add alcohol/oil mix and reduce , it's just a press of a button , and when it's got most of the alcohol out , make sure to take the lid off and check your remaining rso so it doesn't burn , also be careful taking the lid off as it's very hot