Alcohol and Cigarette Ads Have In Common?

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, Jan 30, 2008.

1. What do alcohol and cigarette ads have in common? Both always have similar themes, but I can't quite put words to it.

2. sex appeal.

sex sells.

3. The promise of relaxation and good times.

Playing on the need for memorable moments in a dreary life.

And titties.

4. Amen, brother.

5. Are you talking about cig ads on tv? Where I live, you can't smoke in any public place, including bars. My city just passed a bylaw saying that you cannot smoke within 10 metres of any public building. They are also trying to make it illegal to smoke in cars with persons under 18. I am a former smoker, and I am for any legislation that bans cigs, I can't stand them now. But we got plenty of booze ads. They all show the same thing, friends getting together and having a good time, they usually show men getting lucky with a girl because of the booze that they drink, et cetera.

What are the laws like in your cities for cigs?

6. Isn't denying people freedoms grand?

7. alcohol and cigs are synonymous with each other. go figure

8. I thought you couldn't run cigarette ads in the United States anymore

9. but why are alcohol and cigs synonymous?

10. population control

11. for real though.. They are getting paid to sell products that kill the consumer over a long period (most the time(not including drunk deaths)). Fuck, with cigs, they got a 40 year consistent customer that uses their product to the fucking grave.

it makes me sick:(

12. No different then KFC, McDonalds, BK, and Popeyes.

Are you on a strict diet that maximizes health? No? Then quit bitching about cigarettes. I'll go enjoy a smoke while you leave me the hell alone.