Alchemists organic everything(inside/greenhouse/outside)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by al k mist, Apr 28, 2012.

1. #1 al k mist, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    Welcome to the thread, if anyone cares to follow along.
    Here at the collective, the goal is to breed the most medicinal(chronic pain relief is the main focus for our patients) and short-season friendly strains. Early flowering because of the oregon rains, and nice yielding(since some states have low plant limits, some folks-if doing outdoor-would have to get a years worth of organic meds from 6 plants) to supply the patients with enough medicine.
    Enter the superskunk
    Beans of the sensi seeds Superskunk were acquired from a longtime socal grower, and the new home was found. Some leftover attitude genetics and a new order filled it all up now. 2k flower, 8 bulb t5 for moms and veg, 4 bulb t5 for clones and veg. Greenhouse, in my sig
    With a bag of beans in january, they have grown out, almost, all of the strains they plan on breeding. The polllen donor male has been selected, the superskunk # 14. He has a tight node structure, from what could be seen when He was killed(his son lives on) and a distinctly lemon-pine smell. The superskunk is super-sick.
    Here are some pics of the current organic growes..oh yes, always organic. Since they were just moving in, for convenience they got a dozen or so bags of fuck farm and some guanos, etc.
    Plants are fed EWC/mex guano/kelp/molasses in veg and EWC/jamaican guano/molasses/kelp in flower, epsom salts and lime or humic acid if needed.
    Much "garden soil" has been delivered composed of composted steer manure and sawdust and soil humus, etc, pH at 6 so they may add some to mixes soon. Some organic "supersoil" is brewing so they shall see if it lives up to the hype
    Gotta go, more pics soon, just random ones
    Question, is there a problem with the first picture, jedi kush #2. Awesome smell and frosty leaves, a million nuggets but small, looks like they want to fill in but some pistils are already turning
    Thanks for looking, and all knowledge help and constructive criticism is appriciated
    Peace
    Alchemist
    (~);}

Attached Files:

• 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      543.1 KB
      Views:
    • 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      464.5 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 al k mist, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    Some from the greenhouse. Its only letting me add one or two at a time, gosh-darnit
    Hope you enjoy the photos

Attached Files:

• 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      629.7 KB
      Views:
    • 078.jpg
      078.jpg
      File size:
      386 KB
      Views:
    • 080.jpg
      080.jpg
      File size:
      218.8 KB
      Views:
  3. #3 al k mist, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    Day 53 of flower.
    These have went almost 120 days from seed, with a bit more to go. The beans were dropped into water on 1/5. or 1/6. Flipped on 3/6. Potted up like 3/25 into 5g containers, half moved to the greenhouse, after approx 20 days of flower. I think the cold shocked the Greenhouse Girls.
    If you stopped by, welcome to the thread, thanks so much for looking, even if nobody really replies to these...

Attached Files:

• 148.jpg
      148.jpg
      File size:
      485.7 KB
      Views:
    • 147.jpg
      147.jpg
      File size:
      290.7 KB
      Views:
    • 144.jpg
      144.jpg
      File size:
      500.1 KB
      Views:
    • 143.jpg
      143.jpg
      File size:
      552.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Wow, still no responses, advice, criticism? okay
    Heres just a few from the greenhouse tonight. Bubba is purpling due to a chilly night or two. The pics speak for themselves

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      431 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      314.5 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      373.4 KB
      Views:
  5. Wow things look great in here. Nice fat chunky buds everywhere. ;). I'm def jelly of the greenhouse. My Bubba really started to color up around 5 weeks in. :smoke:

6. Good to see another 'Goner here. Nice pics!

Short growing season here, huh? I hope your strains mature before the mold sets in.

7. Hey Now, thanks for stopping by!
    Thanks, 420deadheadinmi. And I think them Bubbas are like 5 or 6, awesome!! I figured it was cold nights.
    Right on, mizzafishkilla. The greenhouse light dep are almost ready to start chopping, ( and it will coincide with indoor harvest, eek, lots of work, but lots of bubble, :).
    They are planning on breeding in a few weeks indoors, trying to breed an early finishing powerhouse for oregon med patients.
    Think that the outdoor ones, if they aint done(most were picked with this climate in mind) be moved to a greenhouse if rains come before theyre done
    This is first year for greenhouse, outdoor, and oregon. What a lot of work.
    Back to the potting up moms for a patient to put in the bushes :)

8. First look at your journal and it's looking good! GL and welcome to the Great North West!

Chunk

9. Looks really good nice job! You running 1000w lights?

10. Wow Al k mist those girls are looking mighty fine. Just keep on keepin on!!
    spiritsmoke

11. WOW, thanks for the responses
    So Greenhouse:
    the first pic is a bubba76 under a shitty scope
    Next is , uh, i forget. just a flower
    A royal purple kush
    And a shot of the inside of part of greenhouse

Indoors, things are progressing nicely. The photos this evening are blueberry headband , both a distance shot of her 3 colas, and a pretty close-up, in flowering room

Attached Files:

• 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      238.7 KB
      Views:
    • 069.jpg
      069.jpg
      File size:
      381.5 KB
      Views:
    • 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      656.2 KB
      Views:
    • 055.jpg
      055.jpg
      File size:
      653.2 KB
      Views:
  12. #12 al k mist, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    Here are the indoor pics

When the blue cheese looked ready, it was noted that a small patch of botrytis had set in and this upset everyone. the affected parts were removed, and the plant was taken from flowering tent. Here is a pic of the inside of the bud, the worst one. tried to get a pic of the telltale sign, which looked like some cotton ball on the outside, and inspection revealed what was feared.
    Botrytis was discovered on 2 more plants as well, and they were removed, ventilation is a key and my friends friends were lacking in that crucial area.
    Thanks for looking
    More updates on greenhouse and stuff this weekend :)

Oh yeah,( two) 1000w switchable

Attached Files:

• 084.jpg
      084.jpg
      File size:
      350.6 KB
      Views:
    • 086.jpg
      086.jpg
      File size:
      419.2 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      303.7 KB
      Views:
  13. #13 al k mist, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    Good evening. Thanks for dropping by, here's an update
    The only strain left in the flowering room is superskunk, and those 2 are coming out tomorrow. Almost every one had an inch or so removed due to botrytis. Man, grey mold/bud mold/botrytis, it sucks. Fans to help breeze get up in those flowering ladies when their bodies are thick. :) going to get a few more.
    Anyways, one patient wanted "their plants", ie some moms, and placed em in the bushes. allowed my friends friend to snap a couple pics. They added their own extra plants. My friends wish them good luck
    A royal purple kush and superskunk have came out of the greenhouse so far. A dozen left in this cycle, and some are so slow. It is necessary to grow all of the plants out to select which shall be bred.(They have decided to wait until winter, for numerous reasons). Oh what an exciting organic adventure, learning lots here in the city.
    Gotta go for now
    Have a good night.
    Oh, pics are: Blueberry headband, before the trim; Sweet deep grapefruit, mid-trim; and the patients little outdoor patch.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      490.8 KB
      Views:
    • 036.jpg
      036.jpg
      File size:
      420.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  14. nice looking grow. i am very interested in your outdoor patch and what strains finish before the damp brings the mold. my problem also. i always lose 30% of my harvest to Botrytis. that means more plants to compensate and that always looks suspicious to non-growers, should they come a snoopin'.

15. Sorry, this is their first season in the PNW. They were in socal, so didnt have this same problem.(they also didnt do outdoor) They will definitely share that information.

Their aim is to breed an early-enough strain with all the pain killing qualities they seek, and still yield enough to compensate for some states low medical limits.

More photos to come, of the LST going on indoors. Amazing thick stems, like jerry talks about. They are bubbas and OG in 2 gallon pots, with a medium of EWC, promix, xtra perlite, and that was mixed with a local blend.

16. here they are

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      405.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      356.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      338.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      471.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      566.5 KB
      Views:
  17. awesome update! they are growing giant i can tell that height might not be an issue over there ;)

18. Thanks for stopping by, and Oh yes it is.
    The last time, they flipped and the plants had to be bent and tied several times MORE than they thought.
    This time, theyre going to pot up soon, and pot up a screen(maybe). Half are going outside(for sure).
    The ceiling is like 6'10...not counting how far the lights come down, so ideally they should be less than 3 1/2' at the end(just want them bushy).

19. what pot are you gonna end up in for the outdoors?

a friend of mine has some clones out in 5 gallons but idek if going bigger will be beneficial with those cuz we also have to find a way to height restrict them as well.
    thinking of taking clones from them and just having more plants even if they are gonna be smaller.

bushy= lots of bud sites so i think either way you will come out with some fine homegrown.

:wave:

did i miss what strains those little veg ones are?

20. Hey
    That depends on your motives. You could do both.
    You could do the bunch of clones, (and even veg them for a couple weeks under a t5 or MH, if you can, lotsa lumens.). Yes, you will have less yield and more wasted space and more effort, but you will have the maneuverability and concealable qualities if that is your goal.
    They've never done outdoor, this is first year. But if indoor is any indication, less plants in bigger pots makes the work to yield ratio more rewarding.
    The pots in pics outdoors are 5, 7 and, ?? 22 ?? - the best bang for the buck was black plastic tubs with rope handles from wally world for 7 bucks, and theyre like 22 gallons.
    Height can, I guess, be somewhat controlled with screens ( to weave), and supercropping.

Oh yeah, OG kush and BubbaKush are the strains.