Alberta

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Corvus133, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Hello;

I thought I should introduce myself. I'm a resident of Calgary and have been here for 4 years, now. Grew up in Ontario the other 24 years. Probably been smoking the past 8 years or so.

Tried it in grade 10 - enjoyed it but didn't smoke it, again, really, until college.

As of late, I've been very vocal about the legalization of Cannabis (and referring to "marijuana" as it's proper name, Cannabis, not it's 'street' name). We don't call alcohol "hooch" when referring to it in a formal position (key word there was 'formal). Back to informality;

Right now, I'm on a little break as some difficulties at home in Ontario require my full attention (and a clear head) as my mother is battling cancer. The fight is not going well and what bothers me about her medication is that she could substitute 99% of it with pot and feel a lot better and eat more, be in less pain, etc. It bugs me which is why I'm so vocal about legalizing it. The illogics of it blows my mind. Having said that, I've mentioned it to her on numerous occasions and even went so far to suggest she ask my brother, who has also suggested it to her, to connect and get her a bit to try. I firmly believe the result would be positive.

Anyways, I'm 100% for freedoms and rights and am a full fledged and very passionate Libertarian and practising Buddhist. Ya, let's not get into "Buddhists don't smoke" because of some stereotype belief that all Buddhists are meditating, rob wearing, cave dwelling peace keepers.

Although I'm a Canadian, I very much value the American beliefs earned in your (if applicable) history even though most of them are forgotten.

I guess another tidbit for those who also ride, I, as of this year, resumed motorcycling and plan on heading down through the states back to my home in London to visit my parents this year. I rode for 3 years starting around 20 but sold it when I wiped out (my head was plagued with too many ill thoughts and thought it best to take it easy and figure stuff out). Well, I did - moved across the country, landed a nice job, bought a condo, car, motorcycle, and count it all as a blessing that I'm very lucky to have that.

Anyways, don't know what else to say.

I prefer bong over any other method and use pipes, just the same. I suck at rolling joints. Never done knives but want to know what they are all about.

Oh, as for other drugs - the only other "drug" (I hate that word)... The only other natural substance that grows on the Earth 'freely' that causes mind altering fun that I will use are 'mushrooms.' Acid, Crack, Heroine, Ecstasy, etc. are crap I'll never do. Problem is, I get highly, highly, highly philosophical on mushrooms. I don't do them very often - maybe once every year if that.

That's my life story - thanks for reading!

2. Welcome to GC! :wave: